Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Road Bike is praised for its phenomenal value for money.
- This budget beauty rides well as is, but with skill progression it becomes eminently upgradeable.
- Users said the Road Bike was a smooth ride and a ‘pleasure to be on’.
- Many buyers noted that the Road Bike came close to fully built, with remaining assembly proving easy.
- Some owners felt the Road Bike was well protected without wasteful, excess packaging.
- Reports called the Road Bike sturdy, well-built and tough on city commutes.
- An ergonomic riding position provided comfort on longer rides.
- One expert felt the stock saddle was surprisingly comfortable.
- The 7-speed Shimano Tourney groupset was minimal but ample. It worked well.
- A steel fork on this aluminum frame, showed forgiveness and resilience on imperfect surfaces.
- One owner completed a 1000 mile ride without any problems, not so much as a puncture.
- Numerous owners felt the Road Bike was lighter than expected.
8 reasons not to buy
- An expert felt that gearing could have benefited from a lower bottom gear: 34x35 instead of 34x28.
- It’s no featherweight. At 25lbs, you probably won’t smash crits on a Road Bike.
- A couple of Road Bikes arrived on owners’ doorsteps sporting scratches.
- One expert felt that non-cartridge brake blocks worked OK but warranted replacement.
- By most reports, pedals were cheap and yearned for hasty replacement.
- A bevy of butts found the saddle to be stiff and uncomfortable.
- Some said the stock crankset was cheap and machined from soft metal.
- The Road Bike comes in one tone, variously dubbed ‘graphite gray’ or ‘flat matte black’, depending on the review.
Expert Reviews70/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Brand-X Road Bike Review
The Brand-X Road Bike is one of the cheapest road bikes on the market and for commuting, riding for fitness and the occasional longer ride, it represents superb value for money.