Brand-X Road Bike
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Road Bike is praised for its phenomenal value for money.
- This budget beauty rides well as is, but with skill progression it becomes eminently upgradeable.
- Users said the Road Bike was a smooth ride and a ‘pleasure to be on’.
- Many buyers noted that the Road Bike came close to fully built, with remaining assembly proving easy.
- Some owners felt the Road Bike was well protected without wasteful, excess packaging.
- Reports called the Road Bike sturdy, well-built and tough on city commutes.
- An ergonomic riding position provided comfort on longer rides.
- One expert felt the stock saddle was surprisingly comfortable.
- The 7-speed Shimano Tourney groupset was minimal but ample. It worked well.
- A steel fork on this aluminum frame, showed forgiveness and resilience on imperfect surfaces.
- One owner completed a 1000 mile ride without any problems, not so much as a puncture.
- Numerous owners felt the Road Bike was lighter than expected.
8 reasons not to buy
- An expert felt that gearing could have benefited from a lower bottom gear: 34x35 instead of 34x28.
- It’s no featherweight. At 25lbs, you probably won’t smash crits on a Road Bike.
- A couple of Road Bikes arrived on owners’ doorsteps sporting scratches.
- One expert felt that non-cartridge brake blocks worked OK but warranted replacement.
- By most reports, pedals were cheap and yearned for hasty replacement.
- A bevy of butts found the saddle to be stiff and uncomfortable.
- Some said the stock crankset was cheap and machined from soft metal.
- The Road Bike comes in one tone, variously dubbed ‘graphite gray’ or ‘flat matte black’, depending on the review.
Expert Reviews70/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Brand-X Road Bike Review
The Brand-X Road Bike is one of the cheapest road bikes on the market and for commuting, riding for fitness and the occasional longer ride, it represents superb value for money.