Acceptance Of Terms
Description Of Service
The Site is an online community which enables cyclists and cycling event organizers to post content related to upcoming cycling event and access and/or purchase services from time to time made available on the Site (“Services”). Services include, but are not limited to, any service and/or content BikeRide.com makes available to or performs for you, as well as the offering of any materials displayed, transmitted or performed on the Site or through the Services. Content (“Content”) includes, but is not limited to text, user comments, messages, information, data, graphics, news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, and software.
Your access to and use of the Site may be interrupted from time to time as a result of equipment malfunction, updating, maintenance or repair of the Site or any other reason within or outside the control of BikeRide.com. BikeRide.com reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the availability of the Site and/or any Service and/or remove any Content at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice. BikeRide.com may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict your access to parts of or all of the Site and the Services without notice or liability.
No registration is required to view much of the content on BikeRide.com, but as a condition to posting or publishing content such as event listings on BikeRide.com, you are required to open an account with BikeRide.com and select a password, and to provide registration information. The registration information you provide must be accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your BikeRide.com account.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your password and conducted through your BikeRide.com account.
Services are available only to individuals who are either (i) at least 18 years old, or (ii) at least 14 years old, and who are authorized to access the Site by a parent or legal guardian. If you have authorized a minor to use the Site, you are responsible for the online conduct of such minor, and the consequences of any misuse of the Site by the minor.
All Content posted or otherwise submitted to the Site is the sole responsibility of the account holder from which such Content originates and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not BikeRide.com are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, or otherwise submit to the Site. BikeRide.com does not control user submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Content that is incorrect, or objectionable.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by BikeRide.com. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing Content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Services;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any BikeRide.com user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL
- To post copyrighted Content which doesn’t belong to you.
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- To report a suspected abuse of the Site or a breach of the Terms.
Content Submitted Or Made Available For Inclusion On The Service
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Content to the site. By submitting content to the site you are granting BikeRide.com a worldwide, Non exclusive license to use the content, and that BikeRide.com is free to publish, Distribute and use the content as herein after provided for without obtaining permission Or license from any third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of the Terms and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind BikeRide.com in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. BikeRide.com shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond BikeRide.com’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including “line-noise” interference). If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. BikeRide.com may transfer, assign or delegate the Terms and its rights and obligations without consent. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Connecticut, as if made within Connecticut between two residents thereof, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Connecticut courts. Both parties agree that the Terms is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of the Terms, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
All rights reserved. No part of any document, image, text or video on this web site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of BikeRide.com.