Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Tower Beach Bum & Beach Babe. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The Tower Beach Bum and Beach Babe are beautiful cruiser-style bikes. They have a pleasant upright riding position and wide handlebars.
- The bikes have a throttle and five levels of pedal-assist. They come set at a maximum speed of 18mph but can be adjusted to reach higher speeds.
- The speed limiter is password protected.
- The pedals are flat and grippy enough to pedal barefoot.
- With 65Nm of torque in the 500W motor, riders found climbing easy.
- These bikes can cover up to 60 miles in one charge, depending on the mode of pedal-assist being utilized.
- Hydraulic disc brakes from Tektro provide reliable stopping power.
- Testers found the bikes easy to assemble.
- Tower provides fantastic customer service to buyers.
- The minimalistic LCD display is easy to read and small enough that it does not distract the rider.
- The bike weighs less than others in its category, at 49 lb.
- The aluminum frame is durable.
- The bike is priced affordably. Competitors charge two to three times the price for bikes similar to the Tower Beach Bum and Beach Babe.
- Schwalbe Fat Frank tires are puncture resistant with a Kevlar lining.
- The wide saddle provides a plush place to ride.
- The frame and wheels are highly rust-resistant.
3 reasons not to buy
- The instructions for assembly are poor.
- One user found the motor and shifting created a lot of noise.
- The Tower Beach Bum and Beach Babe do not have mounting points for water bottle cages.