Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Surly Disc Trucker. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
20 reasons to buy
- The Surly Disc Trucker is available with 26” or 700c wheels.
- The bike has clearance for wide 26" x 2.1” or 700c x 41mm tires.
- The Surly Extra Terrestrial tires are tubeless-ready. They have a Kevlar lining and nylon-lined sidewalls to prevent punctures.
- Mounts for racks allow riders to carry panniers for touring or commuting.
- Surly includes numerous mounts on the frame and fork for attaching bags and water bottle cages.
- The bike’s long wheelbase provides riders with excellent stability.
- The bike excels on pavement and is capable of traveling on gravel roads.
- Mechanical disc brakes are easy to repair and maintain on tours in remote areas of the world.
- The WTB Volt saddle is comfortable for most.
- There are ten sizes of the Disc Trucker available. Teen riders can use the smallest sizes.
- Fender mounts are ideal for riders that wish to attach mudguards for riding in wet conditions.
- The bike uses three chainrings, allowing riders to shift in small increments. Testers found this setup ideal for touring.
- The bike is available in two colors: 'Pea Lime Soup Green' or 'Hi-Viz Black'.
- Short chainstays offer riders greater maneuverability than on previous versions of the Disc Trucker.
- Wide handlebars provide stability and are great for attaching accessories.
- The bike has a high stack height that places riders in an upright riding position. This is great for long days in the saddle.
- The Disc Trucker is dynamo hub compatible.
- One tester found the bike was most stable with a load.
- The steel frame is very durable and built to last.
- Thru-axles increase the bike's stiffness to offer greater power transfer through pedaling.
3 reasons not to buy
- The Disc Trucker is heavy.
- The price is not as low as some of its competitors.
- Some riders found the tone of green used on the bike to be ugly.