BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the State Bicycle Co. 4130 All-Road. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- Riders found the 4130 All-Road’s steel frame comfortable, playful, stiff and compliant.
- Owners see the 4130 All-Road as a great value for entry into the world of gravel riding.
- It’s unparallelled and almost obscene to see a 1x11 drivetrain on a bike the price of the 4130 All-Road.
- By all reports, the 4130 All-Road is a pleasure to ride on-road and off, using either 700c or 650b wheels.
- The 4130 All-Road is available with 700c, 650b or both of these wheel sizes.
- On fat 650b tires, the 4130 All-Road is capable on mountain bike trails.
- Riders reported a responsive and agile ride upon the 4130 All-Road.
- Owners and reviewers say the State-branded, Sensah-built 1x11 drivetrain shifted well.
- The 4130 All-Road’s frame and fork are decked out with a multiplicity of eyelets and bosses to attach any number of bags, racks, bottles and tankards.
- Riders praised the 4130 All-Road’s comfortable upright geometry - on flat bars - and forward geometry - in the drops.
- The 4130 All-Road is available in both drop-bar and flat-bar variations.
- The 4130 All-Road is available in a variety of color schemes and themes, including ‘Copper Brown’, ‘Black Canyon’ and a ‘National Park Foundation – Joshua Tree’ special edition.
- Standardized parts and sizings make the 4130 All-Road endlessly upgradeable.
- In the interest of stiffness and modernity, the 4130 All-Road uses 12mm thru-axles front and rear.
- With 18° of flare, reviewers found the 4130 All-Road’s State-branded handlebars comfortable.
- State’s stock polyurethane saddle proved comfortable for riders of the 4130 All-Road.
- With either 700c or 650b wheels and tires, the 4130 All-Road rolls smoothly over gravel trails.
- Some riders feel that the 4130 All-Road is a great climber.
3 reasons not to buy
- A number of riders felt that the 4130 All-Road’s mechanical brakes were underpowered.
- More than one 4130 All-Road buyer received their bike with either a bent derailleur or derailleur hanger. State was quick to issue replacement parts.
- Due to the weight of its steel frame, some reviewers sought lower gearing for the 4130 All-Road.
Expert Reviews100/100 based on 1 expert reviews
State Bicycle Co. 4130 All-Road
State Bicycle Co. ab-so-lutely nailed it on this entry-level All-Road… I’ve been riding the bike stock for some time now and all the components are what I’d expect – quality, entry-level components. But of course, I’ll be switching most of the parts out as time goes on… Would recommend. Highly suggest. Get this bike!
State Bicycle All-Road Bike Review – $███ Gravel Bike!
I was surprised with how well this bike rode. It has a lot of great stability at speed, it rides really comfortably and it still has some actual relative stiffness… now, this bike is heavy… You are getting a full 11-speed drivetrain for this price-point. Most bikes are going to be specced with a 10-speed or a 9-speed drivetrain.
State Bicycle Co. 4130 All-Road Review
It’s excellent on thick, chunky, loose gravel. Still fun on roads… The overall ride-feel is actually more nimble than I was expecting… It’s not the best climbing bike but it did feel very confident on the descents… Overall, I’m very satisfied… I do definitely recommend this bike.
$███ STATE All-Road Gravel Bike- Any Good?
This bike definitely rides more like a Cadillac and less like a sports car… descending on the bike was an absolute joy… If you like to ride chill or are just going into this as a commuter or solo explorer, this is a great-riding and comfortable bike… you definitely want lower gearing… these are the kind of cable disc brakes that give cable disc brakes a bad name.