BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the State Bicycle Co. Elliston. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- Elliston owners are quick to point out how handsome this bike is.
- Owners found the Elliston to be of solid build.
- Buyers are pleased that deluxe Ellistons include front and rear racks.
- Riders report that the Elliston delivers a smooth ride.
- The Elliston’s simple component spec delivers a good value.
- Customer service is prompt if Elliston owners experience issues.
- Buyers of 3-speed Elliston models find that the Shimano Nexus hub shifts smoothly.
- Urban riders love the Elliston’s full-size fenders.
- The “handsome minimalism” of the Elliston’s matte-black finish appeals to owners.
- Tall riders are happy with the Elliston’s 58cm frame option.
- The Elliston’s coaster brake delivers simple, skid-happy braking.
- Owners described the Elliston as well-suited to casual commuting.
- Some riders commended the quality of the Elliston’s packaging.
6 reasons not to buy
- Buyers found that their Elliston arrived with wheels sorely out-of-true.
- Hubs were overtightened, for some Elliston buyers.
- The Elliston’s warranty is only valid when the bike is assembled by a professional bicycle mechanic.
- Some buyers found the old-school saddle was hard and unforgiving.
- The Elliston’s faux-leather grip-covers could slip off after a few day's use.
- Some buyers were disappointed with the Elliston’s lackluster packaging, which resulted in scratches, dents and loose small parts.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
The 6 Best Commuter Bikes of 2021 for Any Budget
The State Bicycle Deluxe 3 Speed City Bike comes with everything you need to commute in all types of weather so you don’t have to worry about purchasing extras a la carte.
Pros: Attractive appearance, comes with all you need to start commuting to work, handles an array of road conditions
Cons: Hard to assemble, complaints about flimsy parts