Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the State Bicycle Co. City Bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- Owners admire the Azure’s attractive color and understated appearance.
- City Bike owners are quick to point out the “handsome minimalism” of the Elliston and its matte-black finish.
- Step-through models, The Azure and Bubble-Gum, are easy to mount and dismount in traffic, especially for shorter cyclists and riders wearing dresses/skirts.
- State's City Bike is available in Bubble-Gum, Black & Tan, Azure, and plain black colorways.
- Owners found City Bikes to be durable and of solid build.
- Buyers are pleased that deluxe Ellistons include front and rear racks.
- Riders report that the City Bike delivers a smooth ride.
- The City Bike’s simple component spec delivers a good value.
- Customer service is prompt if City Bike owners experience issues.
- Buyers of 3-speed models find that the Shimano Nexus hub shifts smoothly.
- Urban riders love the City Bike’s full-size fenders.
- Tall riders are happy with the Elliston’s 58cm frame option.
- The City Bike’s coaster brake delivers simple, skid-happy braking.
- Owners described the City Bike as well-suited to casual commuting.
- City Bikes are appreciated for their simple, low-maintenance builds.
- State Bicycle Co.'s City Bikes are very affordable.
7 reasons not to buy
- Some buyers found that their Elliston arrived with wheels sorely out-of-true. In rare instances, some of the Azure’s parts, including fenders, arrived bent.
- Hubs were overtightened, for some Elliston buyers.
- The City Bike’s warranty is only valid when the bike is assembled by a professional bicycle mechanic.
- Some buyers found the old-school saddle was hard and unforgiving.
- The City Bike’s faux-leather grip-covers could slip off after a few days' use.
- A number of riders found the instructions for the Azure’s basket and rack insufficient.
- Some buyers were disappointed with their City Bike’s 'lackluster' packaging, which resulted in scratches, dents, and loose small parts.
Expert Reviews82/100 based on 1 rated expert review
State Bicycle Co. Saturday Deluxe City Bike Review
For under $███, this bike is ready to ride, carry, and commute so long as your route doesn’t involve the biggest hills in town. By equipping this bike with city accessories, it’s not just a minimal fixie-style with mustache bars, but a load-carrying, all-weather bike.
The 6 Best Commuter Bikes of 2021 for Any Budget
The State Bicycle Deluxe 3 Speed City Bike comes with everything you need to commute in all types of weather so you don’t have to worry about purchasing extras a la carte.
Pros: Attractive appearance, comes with all you need to start commuting to work, handles an array of road conditions
Cons: Hard to assemble, complaints about flimsy parts