Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Stacyc eDrive. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- Kids moved from training wheels to riding the Stacyc within minutes.
- The Stacyc was seen as a good progression to a pedal bicycle or first motorcycle.
- Little ones can keep up with parents and siblings on family rides.
- Three settings allow parents to dial in the maximum speed that their child rides at.
- Parents said quality parts were not flimsy or cheap.
- Kids rode five miles on a single charge to battery flatness.
- A simple charging system was mastered by a five year old rider.
- Owners found the Stacyc to be durable.
4 reasons not to buy
- Many reviewers noted that the Stacyc was expensive, compared to the competition.
- The rear brake lever was difficult for some children to operate with small hands.
- One parent complained that the bike failed quickly after upgrading the battery.
- An owner had to replace a fuse twice.
Bottom lineThe Stacyc 12eDrive and 16eDrive are the next evolution in electric bicycles, introducing toddlers to powered riding. There were two approaches to the use of the Stacyc. In one corner, there were parents that used it to quickly train childrens’ balance skills toward riding a self-powered pedal bike. In the other corner is the motorcycle community. They saw this as the very earliest step in training offspring for motorcross. This e-bike was expensive, but many parents saw it as being worth the coin. Parents liked that they could cycle or jog alongside their Stacyc-bound toddler. The three programmed and limiting speed settings (5mph, 7mph and 9mph for 12eDrive and 5mph, 7.5mph and 13mph for the 16eDrive) allowed parents to gradually progress their toddler to faster riding speeds as skills progressed.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
No Joke, Stacyc is the ‘One Weird Trick’ for Kids’ Cycling
The purpose of the Stacyc is to teach kids how to balance on a two-wheel vehicle and it does exactly that… with the addition of a motor, she got the balance down in about two hours of riding time… he got to her level in about 15 minutes… this is a training tool to get them onto a fully-featured bike.
Stacyc 16eDrive Review
They can learn how to brake and use throttle on something that’s much easier to learn on than, say, a 50cc motorcycle… This is his first ride and he’s doing it straight from the get-go…
Bike Test: Stacyc Stability Cycle
Watching an older kid rip up a trail was a blast… This bike also gave him the confidence to blast right back down the same trail… We’ve seen kids launch off ramps with these as their skills improve… You can even take your kids mountain biking…and the kids can climb and descend with you.
Stacyc 12E-Drive Balance Bike
The Stacyc 12eDrive electric balance bicycle is an amazing machine! Yes, it’s a little pricey in the beginning, but we guarantee it will outlast any plastic power-wheels-type contraption by tenfold.