BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Prevelo Alpha Zero. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- Prevelo’s Alpha Zero is a 12” balance bike for little shredders.
- With 1.75” Kenda air-filled tires, the bike is capable of rolling over dirt and gravel.
- The Alpha Zero’s step-thru frame and low bottom bracket give riders additional stability for gliding and striding.
- A Tektro handbrake provides riders with adequate stopping power. It provides them with beginner braking skills as they prepare for a larger pedal bike.
- The bike’s seat post has a quick-release lever, making it easy to adjust.
- The Prevelo Alpha Zero has an adjustable seat that allows the bike to fit most riders between the ages of 18 months and 4 years.
- Capped bolts cover the axles on the wheel and protect little riders' legs from injury.
- The bike has a durable aluminum frame.
- A threadless headset and internally routed cables give the bike a clean appearance.
2 reasons not to buy
- The bike is expensive compared to other balance bikes.
- One expert found the brake cable easily pops out of place on the Alpha Zero. They suggest securing it out of the rider’s way with a zip tie.