Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- Although tailored toward trail use, the Lumina 1200 offers great value with its competitive price and utility on or off the trail.
- This light features seven modes (Low, Medium, High, Boost, Fast Flash, Pulse Flash, and Walk) for added versatility in different settings.
- Experts and users are pleased with the intensity of the 1200-lumen boost setting.
- The boost mode is quickly turned on by double-clicking the on/off switch.
- USB recharging (3-6 hours) makes this light easy and affordable to use.
- The Lumina 1200 offers great battery life, especially at low settings.
- Experts and users noted the light’s “solid feel”.
- The universal mount fits any handlebar and doesn’t slip while riding over bumps.
3 reasons not to buy
- Some experts have expressed reservations about the narrow beam pattern causing tunnel vision in the dark, particularly while road riding.
- The Lumina 1200 clocks in at a stout 6.59 oz including the mount, making it a better choice for the handlebar than the helmet. Plus, the helmet mount is sold separately.
- A small but significant portion of users have reported that faulty electronics have caused the Lumina 1200 to stop working within the first few months of use.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews68/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost Review I Time for Some Night Riding!
This light has actually four modes…at the lowest setting, it is going to be 75 lumens, at the medium setting it is 550 lumens, at the highest non-boost setting it’s 1000 lumens, and boost gets you the full 1200.