Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- Although tailored toward trail use, the Lumina 1200 offers great value with its competitive price and utility on or off the trail.
- This light features seven modes (Low, Medium, High, Boost, Fast Flash, Pulse Flash, and Walk) for added versatility in different settings.
- Experts and users are pleased with the intensity of the 1200-lumen boost setting.
- The boost mode is quickly turned on by double-clicking the on/off switch.
- USB recharging (3-6 hours) makes this light easy and affordable to use.
- The Lumina 1200 offers great battery life, especially at low settings.
- Experts and users noted the light’s “solid feel”.
- The universal mount fits any handlebar and doesn’t slip while riding over bumps.
3 reasons not to buy
- Some experts have expressed reservations about the narrow beam pattern causing tunnel vision in the dark, particularly while road riding.
- The Lumina 1200 clocks in at a stout 6.59 oz including the mount, making it a better choice for the handlebar than the helmet. Plus, the helmet mount is sold separately.
- A small but significant portion of users have reported that faulty electronics have caused the Lumina 1200 to stop working within the first few months of use.
Bottom lineExperts and users agree that the NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost is an overall good bike light at a competitive price. For a compact instrument, the Lumina has a wide set of functions including several different brightness settings and two flash modes. The Lumina is packaged in a durable exterior and is water resistant. This light performs well for both commuting and sport. However, with its bright and narrow beam, the Lumina truly shines as illumination for trails rather than roads. Out of our analysis of over 1000 customer reviews, the small but significant proportion of users reporting unexplained electronic failure was concerning.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews68/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost Front Light Review
A good light with strong trail leanings but there’s a lot of competition at this price.
NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost Bike Light Review
NiteRider has been evolving the Lumina range for years, and the 1200 Boost is a great option for fast riders who favor power and practicality over fancy functions.
NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost Review I Time for Some Night Riding!
This light has actually four modes…at the lowest setting, it is going to be 75 lumens, at the medium setting it is 550 lumens, at the highest non-boost setting it’s 1000 lumens, and boost gets you the full 1200.
The NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost MTB and Commuter LED Headlight
Just a little bit bigger than [NiteRider’s] micro series but still pretty small mounting it up onto the handlebar or your helmet.
NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost and Solas 250 Cycling Lights Review
Best lights I’ve ever had!
Tested: NiteRider Lumina 1200 Boost
NiteRider and night riding go together like PB&J, and the company has always been one of the players at the front of the lighting pack. The Lumina 1200 Boost carries the mantle well with solid construction and elegant minimalism.