Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Murf Higgs. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- Murf offers the Higgs in step-over and step-through frames. The Higgs Step-Thru accommodates short riders from 4'11" and up.
- The Step-Thru comes with a frame-integrated rear rack that supports up to 100lb.
- An expert highlights the Step-Thru's frame and 15.5" standover height as ideal for smaller riders.
- A reviewer says the Higgs achieves one of their "better brake test scores."
- According to one expert, the 52-volt battery and 500-watt motor provide "impressive speed and acceleration" and cargo-lugging capacity.
- In testing, the Higgs gets more than 60 miles of range, outperforming most similar e-bikes and Murf's claim of 50 miles.
- A reviewer says the low center of gravity and wide tires contribute to "good handling and easy control."
- Experts are impressed by the speed the Higgs maintains up their test hill.
- A tester finds the puncture-protected Kenda Krusade 4" tires provide control on varied terrains.
6 reasons not to buy
- The Higgs is heavy at "around" 55lb (step-over) and 65lb (step-through).
- One tester experiences ghost pedaling at pedal assist (PAS) levels 3 and higher.
- Despite Murf's claim about sizing, an expert thinks the Higgs doesn't suit riders 6' and taller.
- One tester says the high weight and 4" tires mean pedaling without motor assistance is challenging.
- An expert bemoans the large jumps in speed from PAS level 1 to 2 and 2 to 3.
- The step-over build doesn't include a rear rack.
Expert Reviews85/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Murf Higgs Step-Thru Review 2023 | Fun Low-Riding Utility E-Bike
Overall, our team was impressed with The Higgs Step-Thru’s ride quality and performance… This [52-volt] system sets the Murf Higgs apart from other e-bikes, and likely helps explain why they are priced higher than comparable bikes using lower voltage systems.
Best Electric Bikes
1 day ago
1 day ago