BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Marin San Anselmo DS-E. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- This rig easily delivered 25 to 37 miles of range on commutes.
- The three available power-assist modes were well-paced.
- The San Anselmo is available in three sizes.
- The 10-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain covered ample range for all terrain.
- Reviewers were impressed by the build and finish of the hydroformed frame.
- Shimano hydraulic 160mm disc brakes delivered excellent stopping power.
- Suntour’s NCXE suspension fork was highly adjustable and comfortable.
- Schwalbe Marathon tires offered plenty of grip.
- Cables are routed internally for a neat appearance.
- The San Anselmo and San Rafael rode easily on gravel and hardpack dirt roads.
- This bike comes with integrated Supernova front and rear lights.
- A tester felt that the San Anselmo and San Rafael were priced competitively.
- Ergonomic, lock-on, Marin brand grips proved comfortable.
3 reasons not to buy
- One reviewer felt that the original price for this bike was a little high.
- The Shimano STEPS E6000 motor is noisier and bulkier than Bosch systems.
- A low bottom bracket could lead to pedal scrape on turns.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Marin San Rafael DS-E – Deore
The San Anselmo and San Rafael share the same build, with the only difference being the mixte frame on the San Anselmo with a lower stepover… a very good all-rounder with a great build and excellent road manners.
Marin San Rafael DSE [Indonesian]
…very comfortable to use in urban areas…with a cheaper price compared to competitors in its class…worth considering if you are planning to buy a multi-functional bicycle…