Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Volts and Amp Hours
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- This rig easily delivered 25 to 37 miles of range on commutes.
- The three available power-assist modes were well-paced.
- The San Rafael is available in five sizes.
- The 10-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain covered ample range for all terrain.
- Reviewers were impressed by the build and finish of the hydroformed frame.
- Shimano hydraulic 160mm disc brakes delivered excellent stopping power.
- Suntour’s NCXE suspension fork was highly adjustable and comfortable.
- Schwalbe Marathon tires offered plenty of grip.
- Cables are routed internally for a neat appearance.
- The San Rafael proved easy to ride on gravel and hardpack dirt roads.
- This bike comes with integrated Supernova front and rear lights.
- A tester felt that the San Rafael’s price was competitive.
- Ergonomic, lock-on, Marin brand grips proved comfortable.
3 reasons not to buy
- One reviewer felt that the original price for this bike was a little high.
- The Shimano STEPS E6000 motor is noisier and bulkier than Bosch systems.
- A low bottom bracket could lead to pedal scrape on turns.
Expert Reviews80/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Best Commuter and City Bikes
Commuter and city bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores