Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electra Cruiser 1. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- Owners loved the clean, elegant and muscular look of this single-speed beauty.
- The Cruiser 1’s geometry allows for a relaxed riding position and full leg extension.
- Simple, high-quality components made this an ultra-low maintenance machine.
- A comfortable ride was reported on both flats and moderate hills.
- Riders lauded the Cruiser 1’s powerful coaster brake.
- A comfortable 2:1 (44/22t) gear ratio made for near-effortless pedaling.
- Riders loved the robustness and durability of the Cruiser 1’s steel frame.
- Buyers said that wide-bar handling was superb.
- Electra’s ‘Flat Foot Technology’ means riders can plant both feet while seated.
- This step-over cruiser was enjoyed by both men and women between 5’ and 6’2”.
- Using elastomer springs, Electra’s ‘Comfort’ saddle lived up to its name.
- Matt black models rocked out in stealth mode, with all-black components.
- At the low asking price, buyers felt the Cruiser 1 was exceptional value.
- A long rear rack is easily mounted to the Cruiser 1, using the provided mount points and the correct seat clamp.
1 reasons not to buy
- One owner felt that a front rim brake would provide extra security.
Bottom lineThe Electra Cruiser 1 fulfils its purpose extremely well. This is not a road bike. This is not a gravel machine. It sure isn’t a mountain bike and for a lot of people in hilly areas, it isn’t even practical as a commuter. This is a cruiser and it’s one of the best there is. It’s a simple, single-speed bike with a relaxed riding style and relatively easy gear ratio. For a long, all-steel bike it’s light, especially in comparison to the competition. Owners said the power of the coaster brake was impressive, while the strength and durability of the frame were exceptional. In its most popular guise, the matt black Cruiser 1 features all-black components and fittings to create a stealthy and mean, low-key machine. Reliability was lauded, while maintenance was undeniably minimal. One rider even used the Cruiser 1 to casually bikepack long distances across the United States! A thoroughbred among cruisers, in a class that's littered with low-quality pretenders.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
2018 Electra Cruiser 1
It’s a clean bike. They ride super smooth and for anyone that’s looking for one, I would recommend it for sure… I just got the basic one. I didn’t want all the gears and all that other crap that goes with it.