BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the State Bicycle Co. Klunker. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- State Bicycle Co.’s Klunker is simple, low-cost fun.
- The Klunker’s retro mechanics and style ignite nostalgia in riders old and young.
- Riders said their Klunkers were solid both off-road and on.
- A 42t chainring and 22t cog make for an easy cruising gear.
- Riders say the Klunker is easy to ride.
- Phat 2.3” WTB Vigilante tires roll over sand, dirt and roots with aplomb.
- The Klunker’s low price represented a great value.
- The Klunker’s old-school coaster brake is simple and low-maintenance.
- Rack mounts are present on the Klunker’s frame.
- Experienced riders lauded State’s instruction manual for the Klunker.
- The Klunker has a 5-year warranty on the frame and fork.
- The Klunker uses a threaded bottom bracket.
- Klunker assembly is as simple as inflating tires then attaching and adjusting the handlebar, saddle and front wheel.
- The Klunker comes with a bottle opener fixed to its down tube.
2 reasons not to buy
- The Klunker comes in but one size.
- Three buyers reported that they did not receive grips with their Klunker. One of these buyers was also missing water bottle bolts and another did not receive a bottle opener.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
The Klunker Experiment – State Klunker Challenge With Hardtail Party
A couple of months ago Steve from Hardtail Party reached out to me… he wanted to do a ‘Klunker Bike Challenge’… we were all gonna get Klunkers from State Bicycle Co… the first part of the experiment is that we needed to build it up stock and the plan was to go ride it on the Jem Trail just outside of Hurricane, Utah… the question was, “Can you ride real mountain biking trails on a klunker bike?” and the answer is, “Yes.” Not everything was perfect on these bikes but man did we have fun.
The State Klunker Challenge Episode 2: Building The Bike
This doesn’t have a ‘Walmart bike’ feel to it despite the ‘Walmart bike price’… klunkers are so cool. They are the grandfather/predecessor to the mountain bike… I think you can have a ton of fun with an inexpensive bike if it’s built properly… threaded bottom bracket which is awesome, square-taper cranks (whaddaya expect…) WTB Vigilante tires on it. 27.5 x 2.3”.
The State Klunker Challenge Episode 3: The Ride of Champions – Stock Klunkers on Jem Trail
What a cool way to reconnect with the history and heritage of the mountain biking sport… that was one of my top five favorite rides of my lifetime, I had an absolute blast… this was just total nostalgia… If you and your buddies keep dropping $1000s on your bikes and it’s not getting more fun, drop three or four hundred on an old junker and just go have a blast on it…
New Skids on the Block: a Moné and State Bicycle Co. Klunker Mashup
As I see it, it’s hard to hate on a [low-priced] no-nonsense klunker mountain bike with the least moving parts possible… They are very respectable stock builds for under four benjies… it’s just something about the stripped-down coaster bike for everyone. It makes so much sense.
Klunkedelic – State Bicycle Klunker
The gearing is perfect, the handling on tight trails was silly fun, climbing was good, descending at first was concerning… I’m hooked, this thing is a #%(&ing riot… For bar hopping, paved trail with a few urban shortcuts it was awesome.