BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 is an affordable hybrid bike.
- The bike has 63mm of travel in the fork, providing riders with comfort over bumps on paths and roads.
- Co-op Cycles utilizes a 3 x 8 gear setup. Users found the bike shifted smoothly, with its Shimano drivetrain and shifters.
- The Shimano M315 brakes on the CTY 2.1 are dependable and extremely responsive, according to testers.
- Kenda Kick-Back tires provide riders with traction over trails and roads and additional visibility with their reflective sidewalls.
- The bike's wide gear range allows riders the ability to traverse hilly terrain in the city.
- Users agree the bike is light enough to carry up stairs and easily transport.
- Co-op Cycles provides riders with access to assembly videos, which makes assembly an easy and quick process.
- Testers found the Selle Royal Shadow Plus saddle to be plush and pleasant as they rode the CTY 2.1.
- Adding a basket or rack allows riders to utilize the bike for commuting or errands.
- The CTY 2.1 has a well-constructed, durable aluminum frame.
- Users rave that Co-op Cycles and REI provided them with superior customer service.
2 reasons not to buy
- Testers found that the bottom bracket creaked after minimal use.
- Fenders that attach to the wheel cannot be used on the CTY 2.1.