BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
20 reasons to buy
- The Co-op CTY 1.1 is extremely affordable.
- The mechanical brakes and entry-level Shimano components make this great for older riders maintaining their fitness or adults riding in the city.
- There are attachment points for a rear rack on the bike. This allows riders to carry additional gear.
- There are mounts for fenders. Adding fenders to the CTY 1.1 allows riders to stay dry and clean on wet days.
- Assembly is easy. REI offers a video online to help with the process. They also include tools to complete it.
- The grips are ergonomic. They help prevent numbness in one’s hands and wrists.
- There is room for a water bottle in the frame.
- The CTY 1.1 has a sturdy aluminum frame.
- 700c x 40mm Kenda K-1024 tires offer great grip and stability on pavement and firm gravel roads.
- Puncture protection is integrated into the tires to reduce the frequency of flats.
- Most testers found the Selle Royale saddle to be comfortable.
- Tektro mechanical disc brakes are easy to adjust.
- The bike has twenty-four gears. The range is sufficient for climbing and maintaining speed on flats.
- The Shimano drivetrain shifts quietly and smoothly.
- The bike’s weight capacity of 300 lb allows most riders to carry gear along with them. It also makes this bike an option for larger individuals beginning their fitness journey.
- One user found the bike is durable enough to tow a child trailer with.
- The frame is light enough to carry up stairs.
- The upright riding position is pleasant. Users found it easy to maneuver the bike.
- There are mounts for a kickstand on the bike.
- Co-op Cycles includes pedals with the bike.
7 reasons not to buy
- The recommended sizing is not accurate. Users suggest sizing up.
- It is hard to find a kickstand compatible with the bike.
- Many testers experienced issues with warped brakes.
- For many buyers, the bike arrived requiring derailleur adjustments. Without doing so, chain rub was an issue.
- Some women found the unisex seat uncomfortable.
- The brakes are prone to squeaking.
- A tool is required to adjust the seat.