Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Brilliant Cooper. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- The Cooper’s belt-driven drivetrain is clean and oil-free.
- Being belt-driven, the Cooper is quiet and smooth.
- The Cooper’s Gates carbon belt and cranks are of respectable quality.
- Praise is heaped upon Shimano’s Nexus 3-speed internally-geared hub.
- The Cooper is priced low, without being a ‘cheap’ bike.
- Testers described the Cooper as “extremely comfortable”.
- Reviewers remarked on the light weight of the Cooper.
- An expert reviewer rates the quality of the Cooper’s V-brakes highly.
- Experts and owners say the Cooper is easy to assemble.
- Touch-up paint comes packed-in with the Cooper.
4 reasons not to buy
- On hilly terrain, the Cooper’s three gears may be less than required.
- One tester noted persistent clicking from the Cooper’s internally-geared hub.
- One Cooper owner, who may have large feet, experienced toe-overlap.
- Some buyers received their Cooper with untrue wheels.
Bottom lineThe Brilliant Cooper offers buyers an affordable option for a belt-drive bike. With a Gates-branded crankset and belt mated to a Shimano Nexus 3-speed internally-geared hub, the Cooper will require sparse attention to maintenance. Without the need for lubrication, the Cooper is ideally suited to commuting, unless you live in a particularly hilly area. In this case, three speeds may not be enough, depending on the size and vigor of your calves. To keep the price low, the Cooper’s frame is made of 1020 hi-tensile steel. Regardless of this, testers found it comfortable and lightweight.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
The Cooper by Brilliant Bicycle Company
The transfer of power going through that Gates carbon belt drivetrain is impressive and noticeable immediately… super comfortable and fun to ride.
Brilliant Cooper with Gates Carbon Belt Drive & Shimano Nexus 3-Speed
Maneuverable, quiet, smooth, stylish and now affordable… with the belt drive. I think Brilliant has a winner on its hands.
Brilliant Cooper Belt Drive Bicycle Review
It’s an extremely comfortable bike and very light and it moves very very fast… If you’re thinking about getting one, don’t think about it. It’s a great bike, great purchase.