Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Aventon Pace 500.2. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
20 reasons to buy
- It can be set up in either Class 3 (28mph) or Class 2 (20mph) mode.
- The sleek body of the Pace 500.2 conceals its battery within the frame.
- The Pace 500.2’s battery is removable to charge and lockable for safety.
- The Pace 500.2 features brake lights integrated into the bike’s seatstays.
- The Pace 500.2 is available with an easy-to-mount step-through frame.
- At 52lb, the The Pace 500.2 is relatively light.
- The Pace 500.2 has a total weight capacity of 300lb.
- A fully-adjustable stem accommodates riders of varying sizes.
- Depending on ride style, users can eke from 25 to 48 miles of range from a charge.
- A backlit color display is easy to see and use, even in sunlight.
- The bike’s display pairs with Aventon’s app for extra features and information.
- Braking is superb, thanks to a Tektro hydraulic-disc setup using 180mm rotors.
- Motor inhibitors ensure a reduced stopping distance when brakes are engaged.
- Integrated lighting impresses reviewers and is sufficient for night-time riding.
- The standard frame is available in Regular or Large sizes, while the step-through model comes in ‘S/M’ or ‘M/L’ options.
- Owners appreciated the subtle color choices available.
- The swept-back handlebar is ergonomic. It places riders in an upright position.
- Internally routed cabling results in a clean, organized, and elegant look.
- Selle Royale’s saddle is comfortable and well-padded.
- Assembly is easy. Parts are labeled and tools are provided.
4 reasons not to buy
- Neither a rack nor fenders are provided with the bike.
- Some experts say the 12.8Ah battery is smaller than other bikes in this range.
- Motor assistance could engage jarringly, due to the bike’s cadence sensor.
- The M/L size of the step-through version is undersized for taller riders over 6’.
Bottom lineThe Pace 500.2 is a remake of Aventon’s most popular everyday-ride e-bike. It can be configured in Class 3 (reaching 28mph), or confined to Class 2 and a top speed of 20mph (depending on your local laws). The 614.4Wh battery is larger than the previous 557Wh model, for more range. Name-brand parts are refreshing on a value-oriented e-bike, especially when it comes to replacing parts. These include Tektro hydraulic disc brakes and a Shimano Altus drivetrain. Some reviewers find that, until riders adjust to it, the bike’s assist can be powerful and possibly jarring. The battery is now elegantly recessed into the Pace 500.2’s frame.
Expert Reviews100/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Aventon Pace 500 Step-Through – New and Available Now
It’s a great cruiser bike with a lot more power than I expected. Multiple colors, hydraulic brakes, 500W motor, backlit display with Aventon app, up to 40 miles of range, Class 2, 20mph limit but can be unlocked to reach a 28mph limit.
Aventon Pace 500 Next-Gen Electric Bike Review: Testing a High-Value Option for a City E-bike
The Next-Gen edition has a number of interesting new updates; from the integrated battery to the built-in lighting, the hydraulic brakes… I’m definitely going to recommend the new Aventon Pace 500 as a great, high-quality electric commuter bike that combines a sleek design with great performance.
Aventon Pace 500 Step-Through Review 2022
The Pace 500 has long been one of our most highly recommended affordable e-bikes. This new version of the Pace seems to have capitalized on those qualities by making very small (but impactful) changes. In addition to its redesigned look, the Pace 500 also got a larger battery and several other cool features like a color LCD display and inset tail lights.
2022 Aventon Pace 500 Commuter Bike Review
Guess what didn’t really change? It’s the price, and in this day and age of supply-chain problems, that is just mind-blowing!
The New 2022 Aventon Pace 500 and Pace 350 Next-Gen: Full Review
So, leisurely pace, I’d say 25mph to 26mph is possible. I’m a big fan of the step-through version for its accessibility. A solidly specced e-bike for the price.
Aventon Pace 500 Review: Next-Generation E-bike With Some Surprises!
This motor feels peppy and it takes the ‘ill’ out of hills. The Pace 500 is superbly designed and well-thought-out with upgrade points in all the right places.
2022 Aventon Pace Review – Improving on Aventon’s Most Popular e-Bike
The Aventon Pace 500 is a great commuter choice e-bike. If a majority of your commute is smooth pavement or packed trails, the Aventon Pace 500 will excel on it.
New & Upgraded | Aventon Next Generation Pace 500
Overall, I think this is a huge, huge update for the Pace 500. I think this, as an entry-level e-bike, especially at this price point, is unmatched.
Tested: Aventon Pace 500 Delivers Affordable Power and Comfort
That jumpy torque was perhaps the only downside we found with the Pace 500. In every other way, the Pace 500 proved to be a problem-free and easy bike with which to live and ride.
Hands-On: Aventon’s New Pace E-bikes Are Sleek Rides That Won’t Break the Bank
By far the coolest design detail on the new bikes is the tail-lights integrated into the rear stays, which will also light up whenever you brake. The ride quality is excellent, thanks in large part to balanced weight distribution, an ergonomic cruiser ride position, a luxurious saddle, and plush 650b tires.