Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Via Velo U-Lock with Cable. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- Even after a severe beating, testers and users found this lock still worked.
- The combination of a cable and U-lock covered locking in a number of locations.
- To numerous owners, this hefty 14mm U-lock presented as a good deterrent.
- This Via Velo lock set is priced competitively.
- Via Velo’s cable has plenty of length to loop around components & poles.
- A reviewer says the Via Velo U-lock is lighter than others in its class.
- Some testers could not cut the Via Velo U-lock bar without power tools.
- Via Velo’s ‘Key Guard’ program allows users to order replacement keys.
- One owner said a thief had to break the bike rack to steal his bike. The Via Velo lock was unbroken.
8 reasons not to buy
- Unlike the U-lock competition, the Via Velo could be damaged with a hammer.
- It took a tester 30 seconds to defeat the Via Velo with an angle grinder.
- Some owners found the lock got trapped within the provided mount.
- Some owners found it difficult to find a mounting spot for this lock, on their bike.
- This Via Velo lock doesn’t fit within some frames.
- A tester said this U-lock’s length makes it tricky to lock, away from a bike rack.
- Between the lengthy cable and large U-lock, it's a lotta lock to lug around.
- A tester did not receive the mount that should be included with this lock.
Expert Reviews44/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Via Velo Bike U-Lock Versus the Bolt Cutters | Is It Safe | Stop a Bike Thief | Tested! Real Review!
These bolt cutters will go through some bike locks really quickly but if it’s properly hardened it won’t do it. That one was really easy to do, just necked straight away, completely cut very easily, about three seconds I’d say.
Best Bike U-Locks
2 hours ago
2 days ago