Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Kryptonite New York M18-WL. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The M18 has an 18 mm, hardened steel shackle that resists testers' hand tool attacks.
- Kryptonite's M18 is long enough to lock your wheel to your frame and to a variety of stationary objects.
- The M18 performed very well under “destruction tests”.
- Kryptonite furnishes the M18 with a Lifetime Warranty. Owners can also register for ‘Anti-Theft Protection’ and to receive duplicate keys.
- The M18 holds Diamond and Gold ratings from Sold Secure.
- Many testers and users declare that the M18 is durable.
- The M18 is coated in vinyl to protect your frame.
- A sliding dust cover extends key cylinder durability and impresses reviewers.
- The M18 comes with 3x keys: one with a blue LED to assist night-time lock-ups.
6 reasons not to buy
- The New York M18-WL can be restrictively heavy. This weight makes it impractical to use with a mounting bracket.
- While the M18 is seen as a great value, it is considered expensive by many owners.
- Some users say the M18’s key is fiddly.
- One tester found the M18 contained high levels of a problematic plasticizer (DEHP).
- A few users struggled to fit the M18 through their frame, rear wheel and a post.
- Some owners say Kryptonite’s ‘Anti-Theft Protection Offer’ has too many conditional requirements to be practical.
Expert Reviews73/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
Best Bike Lock In 2022 | D-Locks, Foldable Locks and Chain Locks Rated: Kryptonite New York M18
The New York scores with its resistance to bolt cropping, sawing (best on test), tensile (best on test), and torsional resistance (runner up), with only its middling performance against the angle grinder going against it.
Where Thieves Bite on Granite [German]
When it comes to theft protection, the Kryptonite New York M18-WL cuts a fine figure under testing. It is very durable and operates well. Unfortunately, it contains high proportions of the problematic plasticizer diethylhexylphthalate (DEHP) in the plastic coating.
Best Bike Locks on the Planet! Kryptonite New York
If you have a bike that’s really expensive, I would go with the [M18-WL]. I don’t think they’ll ever get through this bad boy without somebody calling the cops. The long ‘U’ on the New York series lets you go right through the rear wheel, through the frame, to a signpost or bar.