Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the ABUS GRANIT XPlus 540. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- This lock’s bar is specially hardened to increase strength and decrease weight.
- Testers failed to cut through this lock using bolt cutters, hammers and hacksaws.
- The GRANIT XPlus 540 is available in two sizes: 9” and 11”.
- This lock received the highest ‘Diamond’ rating from a respected testing body.
- The GRANIT XPlus 540’s bar is an ample 13 mm in diameter.
- Professional locksmiths found the GRANIT XPlus 540 very difficult to pick.
- Both U-Bolt ends lock, requiring thieves to make 2 cuts in many situations.
- Testers say it’s lightweight for such a high-security option.
- A 3 mm rubber coating covers this lock’s steel bar, protecting your bike’s frame.
- An automatic dust cover protects the GRANIT XPlus 540’s keyhole.
- A tester says this lock stood up to corrosion tests, proving itself durable.
- The GRANIT XPlus 540 can be ordered with keys to match your other locks.
- On test-rides, the lock did not rattle within the provided mount.
- One of the lock's 2 keys features an LED light, making it easier to find in the dark.
- A reviewer says the GRANIT XPlus 540 features a smooth locking action.
- The GRANIT XPlus 540 is available with 2 different types of frame mount.
3 reasons not to buy
- This level of quality comes at a high price.
- A tester's angle grinder took 35-40 seconds to cut through the GRANIT XPlus 540.
- For a few users, the double-bolt locking mechanism seized.
Expert Reviews79/100 based on 6 rated expert reviews
ABUS GRANIT X–Plus 540
One of the cleverest D-lock designs ever. The state-of-the-art mechanism beat our lock picker. It outlasted our corrosion test. It stripped the standard saw blade, and took over 2 minutes of cutting with tungsten and 4 minutes with a power grinder.
ABUS GRANIT XPlus 540 U-Lock Review
A high-quality lock. When it comes to high security, this is about as lightweight as it gets. A great deterrent if you’re locking up in a mid to high-crime area. We felt confident in urban environments. This lock lasts a long time.
U-Lock ABUS GRANIT XPlus 540 – Field Report [German]
A high-quality, very secure and well-made bicycle lock, which more than meets all of our requirements in the areas of practicality and security. It is very easy to transport but can reach its limits when the connection points are too wide.
ABUS GRANIT 540 Bike Lock – Picked With a Customized Tensioner for the Sparrows Pick (Eng Subs) [Spanish]
It is a very difficult pick that has taken me quite a bit of practice to achieve in this time. A very, very complex opening. Each disc has two false gates and one true gate, the location of which is completely random.
Best Bike U-Locks
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October