Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Thule T2 Pro XTR. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- The T2 Pro XTR can handle individual bikes or e-bikes weighing up to 60 lb, and a total load of 100 lb.
- The empty rack can be tilted downward to allow rear car-door access, or upward to a vertical position.
- This rack accommodates wheels from 20” to 29” in size, and tires up to 5” wide.
- The T2 Pro XTR does not come into contact with bike frames.
- This rack’s tire trays adjust laterally, allowing for ample spacing between bikes.
- Tools are not required to install or adjust this rack.
- This rack has a low loading height.
- An integrated locking knob and locking cables secure bikes to the rack and the rack to your hitch.
- Reviewers deem the T2 Pro XTR to be durable and even “scratch-proof”.
- The T2 Pro XTR comes in 2 variations, to fit both 2” and 1.25” hitch sizes.
6 reasons not to buy
- The rack weighs a not-insignificant 52 lb.
- The T2 Pro XTR is expensive.
- Testers and users say the cable locks are too short for most MTBs, while not offering authentic security and only acting as a deterrent.
- The T2 Pro XTR can obscure rear lights, but has none of its own.
- Many owners describe the manual as insufficient.
- Users have reported loose hinges, with bikes falling and being dragged.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews86/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Thule T2 Pro XTR Review
The T2 Pro XTR currently is our favorite hitch-mounted rack. It includes all the features you’d expect from a rack in this price range, including a premium, wobble-free build, robust attachment system, and integrated locks. Expensive and a bit heavy.
Thule T2 Pro XTR 2 Bike Hitch Rack Review – Watch Before Buy
The Thule XTR Pro isn’t that great, in my opinion. The only highlight is the handle. It’s not very stable, it’s a lot of plastic, it’s low-quality construction. There’s a lot of quality control issues. I can’t really recommend this. The list goes on and on…