Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Super73-R Brooklyn. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
20 reasons to buy
- Testers confirm that the -R Brooklyn is a comfortable ride at higher speeds.
- Super73 says the -R Brooklyn’s motor can put out 2000W of peak power.
- In ‘Off-Road Mode’, the -R Brooklyn can travel at 28 mph with throttle.
- Reviewers say the -R Brooklyn rides so smooth that velvet blushes in its wake.
- Using throttle only, riders can reach as much as 40 miles of range.
- Super73 claims a 75 mph range under ideal conditions, in Class 1 & pedal-assist.
- The R Brooklyn can be set to Class 1, 2, 3, or in unrestricted ‘Off-Road Mode’.
- With slick 4.5” (front) and 5.0” (rear) tires, the -R Brooklyn performs on the street.
- The -R Brooklyn nails a “murdered-out”, all-black, street-bike design aesthetic.
- An adjustable inverted fork and rear coil shock take care of suspension duties.
- The -R Brooklyn is stopped by 2-piston hydraulic Tektro brakes with 180 mm rotors.
- Motor cut-off sensors help to slow the -R Brooklyn as quickly as possible.
- The -R Brooklyn has a hefty maximum payload of 325 lb.
- The -R Brooklyn places most riders in an upright ride position.
- A tester says the -R Brooklyn’s controls are “intuitive and effective”.
- An 1100-lumen spotlight-style headlight, and a brake light, come included.
- The -R Brooklyn comes fitted with a “wonderfully loud” horn.
- With an optional 5-Amp charger, the -R Brooklyn can be juiced up in 3-4 hours.
- The -R Brooklyn’s battery is lockable and removable for charging.
- The -R Brooklyn can be paired with Super73’s app for extra features.
10 reasons not to buy
- At 83 lb, the -R Brooklyn is too heavy for one person to lug up stairs or to carry.
- Due to its weight, geometry and lack of gearing, the -R Brooklyn is difficult to pedal.
- The Super73-R Brooklyn is not an inexpensive option.
- Semi-slick VEE Moto LZRD tires don’t do well away from the asphalt.
- The -R Brooklyn’s seat height is not adjustable.
- Reviewers experienced saddle soreness on longer -R Brooklyn rides.
- On lower battery levels, performance drops noticeably on the -R Brooklyn.
- No fenders are included with the -R Brooklyn.
- Super73 owners need to contact Super73 to pair their bike with the app.
- With the stock 3-Amp charger, it takes 7 hours to fully charge the -R Brooklyn.
Bottom lineThe all-black -R Brooklyn is an urban stealth vehicle with the chops to keep up with (and overtake) inner-city traffic. It’s a single-speed rig with a powerful throttle that can exceed 28 mph, in non-road-legal ‘Off-Road mode’. Braking and suspension are lauded, as is the -R Brooklyn’s retro minibike aesthetic. The motor puts out 2000W at peak. The payload is 325 lb. Buyers can choose an optional 10-speed set-up but reviewers say this may be impractical, considering that the ‘bike’ is so awkward to pedal. This makes for a tricky proposition when the juice runs low and you need to schlep 83 lb of ‘bike’ home. The -R Brooklyn sits somewhat closer to an electric moped than a bicycle.
Expert Reviews79/100 based on 5 rated expert reviews
Super73-R Brooklyn Review
To sum up my riding experience, I’d say it was a blast! These bikes pack just enough thrill to give users a taste of urban motorized riding without breaking the bank or taking up a lot of space. It’s convenient to have the option to pedal when you do want or gun it with the throttle when a traffic light turns green and you need to really book it ahead of some angry cars. I myself managed to hit 32 mph.
Super73-R Brooklyn Review
This e-bike is more electric moped, or motorcycle even, than it is bicycle. It’s a joy to zip around on, going over 28 mph and providing a throttle for effortless riding. It’s built for a comfortable ride and has great safety features all with a slick-as-hell design. As long as you’re not actually expecting a bike, it’s brilliant. But if you want to pedal, or live somewhere that only permits up to Class 1 e-bikes, you’ll want to ride something else.
The Super73-R Brooklyn E-Bike Feels More Like a Motorcycle Than a Bicycle
I fell in love with it quickly… Everyone I saw ride this bike had a blast on it. With fat road tires and throttle acceleration, it’s almost a motorcycle… There is nothing cheap about this bike, from its build to its price. On one hand, it’s nearly flawlessly executed, on the other hand, its high price only triggers thoughts of all the other vehicles that could be purchased for the same use but maybe provide more versatility.
Super73-R Brooklyn Review: Solid Performance and Cafe Racer Style at a Serious Price Point
Without a doubt, the -R Brooklyn feels almost more like a motorcycle than a bicycle. On the highest +4 setting, the throttle alone can propel the bike up to around 28 miles per hour with no pedaling necessary. Those relatively solid figures come at a steep price, though, as this e-bike starts at a not-insignificant sum…
The Super73-R Series E-Bike Is Expensive, Heavy, and Extremely Fun
Without a doubt, the Super73-R Brooklyn is the worst bicycle I’ve ever ridden. The size and geometry will limit how much pedaling you’ll want to do. The throttle and high levels of pedal assist transform it into a great little e-bike. It’s easily able to merge into traffic in a typical suburban or urban 25 mph speed limit, and the wheels, suspension, and brakes enable you to do that with confidence.