BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the State Bicycle Co. 4130. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
21 reasons to buy
- The Core’s 4130 Chromoly tubing was a drawcard.
- Riders reported a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Owners said these bikes were beautiful in appearance.
- The value of the 4130 Core-line range was lauded.
- Riders found brakes responsive.
- These bikes are available in a wide range of sizes for all rider heights.
- Owners and reviewers praised the Core-line’s ‘zippy’ handling.
- Riders found this rig sturdy over potholes and rough streets.
- These bikes come with functioning chain tensioners.
- Core-lines feature bosses for a single bottle holder.
- Sealed Novatec hubs were consistent and reliable.
- Some reviewers found these bikes to be very light.
- Frames accomodate tires up to 32c in width.
- Flexibility of the steel frame balanced stiffness and compliance.
- Box-section rims were dependable.
- Colorways on the Core-line range were admired by many.
- The 44 x 16t gear ratio felt great out-of-the-box for a number of owners.
- Unlike on many new bikes, State’s saddle impressed a reviewer.
- One owner went from assembly to riding in under 30 minutes.
- Riders praised the quality and traction of stock tires.
- Buyers reported that wheels remained true after riding on various surfaces.
12 reasons not to buy
- Bikes sometimes arrived with damage, including scratching and dents.
- An expert reviewer said that chainring bolts continually loosened.
- To many, pedals warranted an instant upgrade.
- One buyer’s paintwork was chipping around fit components.
- For a few owners, wheels arrived out of true.
- Buyers sometimes complained of a lack of grease on arrival.
- Over-tightening of components was sometimes a concern.
- One buyer said that their fork was bent, with off-center brake drilling.
- Generic, mid-range parts corroded easily and failed to impress one owner.
- Packages were missing small parts, seat collars and even a box of small-parts.
- Owners noted that paintwork deteriorated quite easily.
- Wheels sometimes needed regular truing.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
PEZ Reviews: State Bicycle Co.’s Fixed Flyer
The frame is solid, the geometry is to the stable side and handling is easy… Absolutely nothing on this bike would take more than a couple of dollars to replace at any shop, anywhere… If you’ve been wondering about single speed, you would be just plain stupid not to give it a try at this price.