Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Schwinn Sidewinder 24". In summary, this is what cyclists think.
7 reasons to buy
- The Schwinn Sidewinder uses 24” wheels and tires, making it a good intermediate size for older children and younger teens.
- The trigger shifter is easy to operate.
- Users find the bike visually appealing.
- There is a YouTube video available to help buyers assemble the bike.
- The bike is priced affordably.
- The steel frame has strong and reliable welds.
- One user noted that it is easy to adjust the brakes.
5 reasons not to buy
- The brakes need frequent adjustment.
- Users note that bent wheels and damaged derailleurs were common issues when the bike was delivered.
- The paper instructions for assembly are vague and insufficient.
- Many users complained about overtightened bolts on their new Sidewinder.
- The bike’s chain is prone to falling off, according to testers.
Bottom lineThe Schwinn Sidewinder is an affordable mountain bike for older children and teenagers. It has smooth rolling 24” wheels and tires. The bike shifts crisply if the derailleur is not damaged on arrival. Unfortunately, many users received damaged bikes. The brakes are easy to adjust. Unfortunately, brake adjustments were frequently required by many users.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
Schwinn Sidewinder 24″ Review
It’s made from steel not aluminum.