Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Priority Start 20". In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The Priority Start 20" is a great introductory geared bicycle. Children do not have to be moving to shift gears.
- The bike has an average geometry. It is not too aggressive or too relaxed. Riders find it easy to maneuver on pavement and dirt trails.
- The belt drive is rust and grease-free. It needs little maintenance and requires less cleaning than a chain.
- The seat is easy to adjust. It has a quick-release seat post clamp.
- The bike is available in attractive colors including Blue, Charcoal, Ultra Violet Purple, and limited-edition colorways.
- The bike has a comfortable padded seat.
- Touch-up paint is included to cover chips and scrapes on the frame.
- The grip shifters are easy to use.
- The Kenda K-Shield tires roll well on dirt and pavement.
- At 19.5 lb, the Start 20" is light and easy for children to maneuver.
- The brake levers are sized appropriately for child-sized hands.
- Assembly is quick and easy. Priority provides online videos to assist riders in assembling and making adjustments to their bike.
- Priority is very responsive to customer questions or issues.
- A kickstand comes with the Start 20".
- An included reflector set helps increase rider visibility.
3 reasons not to buy
- The bike only has three gears. A greater gear range would make it easier for riders to climb steep hills.
- Tools are required to remove the wheels. One expert noted they would have preferred quick-release skewers.
- The external cable routing can easily get dirty. It is not as sleek-looking as a bike with internally routed cables.
Bottom lineThe Priority Start 20" is a child's bike with a belt drive and Shimano Nexus internal gear hub. It has three gears. Children do not need to be moving to shift gears. The bike has a kickstand. The Start 20" is attractive and comes with touch-up paint. Some testers desired a greater gear range. Tools are required to remove the wheels. Experts note that quick-release skewers would make this an easier process.
Expert Reviews100/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Priority Start 20 Review
Combined with a lightweight frame and grease-free belt drive, the Start 20 is the perfect “Goldilocks” bike for the average everyday rider – not too basic, not too complex, but just right.
Priority Start 20 Review
What makes it so great for school commuting and around town riding is that it has a belt drive.