BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Schwinn Krate. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The quality of the bike and included accessories was higher than expected.
- Lustrous, metallic-candy colors were deemed faithful to the original Krates.
- Finishing touches were stellar, including the saddle plate and head badge.
- Reviewers and riders as tall as 6ft had no problem riding the Krate.
- Authentic, fat Schwinn Sting-Ray Slik 20” x 2.125 rear tires were great value.
- Outstanding double-boxed packaging was safe and secure.
- Brushed, stainless-steel fenders were tough and clean.
- The ‘banana-seat’ was well cushioned for a plush ride.
- The quality of chromed parts impressed owners.
- The quality Sturmey Archer front drum brake was a welcome addition.
- Aluminum rims were light, tough and rust-resistant.
- The Krate comes shipped with a hardcover book on the bike’s history.
- Sealed wheel bearings were a quality inclusion.
- Plastic guards prevent the turning springer fork from damaging the frame.
- A reviewer of the 2020 crate found all parts to be well greased.
4 reasons not to buy
- The original’s (now illegal) 5-speed shifter was missed by nostalgiacs.
- Some owners would have liked a front fender to be included.
- Some folk found Krates to be a little pricey.
- Fastidious collectors were upset that boxes were sometimes damaged.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
We Got Our Hands on a 2020 Schwinn Grape Krate! – Unboxing & Review
After you’ve got it all put together and dialled-in, they ride really well. The front wheel’s got a sealed bearing … Overall, nice bike. Great if you’re collecting or for your kid as an expensive gift… The metallic paint is really nice on these… The 2018 Apple Krate came double-boxed. This one just comes in a single box…
2020 Schwinn Stingray Grape Krate Repop
I’m really impressed with this bike… The paint quality is absolutely beautiful… Comes with a really, really nice front drum brake… It’s a lot higher quality than I would expect for a bike of this price range… the Sting-Ray Slik bike tire sells for $$$ alone… This thing rides amazing, just like the real deal.
Schwinn Releases 2018 Apple Krate Bikes Just in Time for Christmas
Overall we’re pleased that Schwinn is making an effort to connect with its roots and produce these fun retro inspired bikes …they will surely inspire folks of all ages …and introduce them to the hobby of bicycle collecting and restoration… These are definitely better than the ones they released in ‘07.