BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Thru. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Cruiser 1 was seen as excellent value for a solid and durable bike.
- Relaxed geometry was easy-going and comfortable.
- This cruiser suited riders from 5’ to 5’11”, from teenage to 70+ years old.
- The Cruiser 1 Step-Thru proved to be an ultra-low maintenance ride.
- Gearing was described by a rider as being “perfect” for this bike’s weight.
- Owners found the Cruiser 1 Step-Thru to be a sturdy and durable steed.
- The Cruiser 1’s range of pearlescent colors was much liked.
- Several owners found the Electra Comfort elastomer saddle comfortable.
- Wide RetroRunner 26x2.125” tires delivered a comfortable and stable ride.
- A comfortable 2:1 (44/22t) gear ratio was leisurely on moderate hill-climbs.
- The Cruiser 1 was easily fitted with a rear rack and child seat.
- Assembly tasks were minimal.
4 reasons not to buy
- An older owner sought a more “open” step-through design.
- Some riders weren’t comfortable on the Electra Comfort elastomer saddle.
- Some buyers would have liked to have fenders included with the bike.
- The 2:1 (44/22t) gear ratio left riders spinning out on descents.