Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electric Bike Company Model S. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The Model S offers a relaxed and comfortable ride position.
- Buyers can fully customize the Model S's color, battery, components, and extras.
- Riders admired the bike’s cruiser aesthetic, and matching trim.
- The Model S’s step-thru frame is easily accessible.
- The Model S arrives 99% assembled. Owners are only required to rotate handlebars, adjust seat height and pump their tires.
- The Model S uses powerful 4-piston Tektro Dorado hydraulic disc brakes. Motor inhibitors are activated when these brakes are applied.
- The single-speed drivetrain is simple and durable.
- A highly adjustable stem allows finer tuning of the Model S, to match rider height.
- Integrated front and rear lights come fitted to the Model S.
- The Model S can carry a maximum payload of 380lb.
- Schwalbe Fat Frank tires are durable and puncture resistant.
- The Model S’s display is backlit & easy-to-read. It features a USB port.
- EBC covers the Model S with these warranties: battery (5 years), motor (10 years), frame (10 years), & paint (30 days).
- The bike’s rigid steel fork is compliant and comfortable.
- Testers compliment the layout and clarity of the Model S’s color display.
10 reasons not to buy
- The Model S frame is one-size-fits-all.
- Front racks, baskets and fenders are not included. They are available as extras.
- The bike’s cadence sensor results in some delay in pedal assist.
- As it’s fixed to the headtube, the bike’s headlight doesn’t illuminate well on turns.
- The Model S’s steel fork, bar & chainguard are vulnerable to rust.
- The Model S has no bottle bosses.
- As a single-speed, throttle is needed to accelerate from a dead stop.
- The Model S’s wide handlebars prove awkward when passing between traffic.
- The bike’s 57lb weight is difficult for many riders to carry.
- The battery, motor & rider-position contribute to a rear-heavy center of gravity.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
Electric Bike Company Model S Electric Bike Review: Dreamy Step Thru Beach Cruiser That’s Built to Last
Overall, this is one of the best electric bikes for the money on the market today and is an electric bike that should last for many, many years to come. The ultimate step-thru beach cruiser. The accessories look dope too.