Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ride1UP 500 Series. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- Aficionados praise the 500 Series’ Class 3, 28 mph swiftness, once it’s up to speed and in the flow.
- In trials, the 500 Series’ throttle ramped-up riders’ speed to 20 mph, without resistance.
- Pundits are riotously enthusiastic about the great value represented by the 500 Series' low asking price.
- Swept-back bars give the ST model a comfortable, upright riding position that offers riders a clear view through traffic.
- Reviewers say the 500 Series’ upright riding position is comfortable, even over distances.
- The 500 Series can be programmed to offer from 3 to 9 levels of pedal assist.
- Reviewers appreciate the ability to customize the power input of the 500 Series’ assist levels.
- The step-through version of the 500 Series ensures easy mounting, dismounting, stopping and starts, for shorter, older and less-flexible e-cyclists.
- Boffins are satisfied with the range offered by the 500 Series’ 48 V 13 Ah battery.
- Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes halt riders with great vigor and reassurance.
- The 500’s Suntour XCT 100mm suspension fork pleases testers by soaking up chatter on uneven pavement and placid dirt roads.
- Reviewers love the gear-shifting action from the back section, where a Shimano Acera 8-speed drivetrain undertakes duties with aplomb.
- Test-riders praise the ergonomically pleasing position of thumb levers, for gearing and throttle.
- Experts laud the use and replaceability of a Reention brand battery, on the 500 Series.
- The ST 500 Series features a highly adjustable stem, to allow owners to fine-tune their fit.
- As with all Ride1UP bikes, the 500 Series comes furnished with a 1-year warranty.
4 reasons not to buy
- A tester of a 500 Series with a 500 W motor, says assist is, “slower engaging than we would have liked”.
- The 500 Series has an integrated Buchel 50-lux headlight, but no tail-light is included.
- Reviewers point out that, unlike other Ride1UP models, the 500 Series’ battery protrudes angularly from the bike’s frame.
- Some users noted damage on arrival, on their Ride1UP 500 Series.
Expert Reviews85/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
Ride1UP 500 Series Review (Step-Through) | a Lot for a Little
Ride1UP 500 Series E-Bike Review: Could This Be the Best Bang for Your Buck?
The Ride1UP 500 Series is a great option for a modestly-priced commuter or recreational e-bike intended mostly for road use. Even though the pedal assist works decently well, I still found myself throttling most of the time.