BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ride1UP 500 Series. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- The Ride1UP 500 Series is an attractive electric bike powered by a reliable Bafang motor.
- Experts and users agree this is an affordable electric bike.
- The bike has 9 levels of pedal assist, a throttle and walk-assist mode to ensure users get the most out of every ride.
- Selle Royale’s saddle, on the 500 Series, is extremely comfortable with a wide gel cushion.
- Buyers have a choice between a step-over or step-thru frame, with the 500 series. This makes the bike accessible for riders of all ages and abilities.
- The bike's Kenda tires are wide enough to traverse gravel roads.
- The bike’s front suspension fork cushions riders over bumps and holes in the road.
- The built-in headlight helps riders see when they are out at night or in adverse weather.
- Riders have the option to purchase fenders and a rack with the 500 Series.
- Test riders agree that assembling the bike was easy. Ride1UP provides riders with videos to help them with the assembly process.
- The battery sits low on the bike’s frame, providing riders with a low center of gravity and increased stability.
- The display on the bike is easy to read. It allows riders to monitor their speed, battery level and the level of pedal-assist in use.
- The 1-year warranty on the bike pleased test riders.
- Testers agree that Ride1Up provides excellent customer service.
- Ride1Up specs the 500 Series with a rust-resistant chain.
- Experts agree that the kickstand is easy to operate.
5 reasons not to buy
- The bike is heavy. It weighs 55.7 lbs.
- The fork on the 500 Series does not have a lockout.
- Testers found the mechanical disc brakes to be noisy on the Ride1UP 500 Series.
- Riders found the left-hand throttle awkward to use. Traditionally, throttles are on the right.
- The XR frame model does not have water bottle cage mounts.