BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ride1UP Core-5. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The Ride1UP Core-5 is an affordable e-bike.
- Experts agree that the step-thru frame option makes riding accessible to riders that are unable to swing their leg over a traditional frame.
- Swept back handlebars place riders in an upright, comfortable riding position on the Core-5.
- The bike's aluminum frame is sturdy and well-built.
- Users found the battery range on the bike consistent with Ride1UP’s promised range of 20-40 miles.
- The bike's battery is stealthy, with an integrated battery.
- Experts and users agree that the seat of the bike is comfortable.
- The Ride1UP Core-5 has a throttle.
- The bike can carry riders up to 275 lbs.
- Mechanical disc brakes from Tektro provide sufficient stopping power and are easy to maintain, on the Core-5.
- There are mounts for a water bottle cage and rack on the bike.
- Ride1UP’s Core-5 has a maximum speed of 28mph with pedal assist. This allows riders of all abilities to use it for fitness or their commute.
- The stem on the bike adjusts to allow riders the ability to position the handlebars in a personally pleasant position.
- Testers found it easy to attach fenders to the bike for wet and rainy days.
- The Core-5 is available in two attractive colors: midnight grey or slate blue.
5 reasons not to buy
- The grips used on the Core-5 are not the most comfortable, according to users.
- The bike’s battery can not be easily charged off the bike.
- Users found it impossible to adjust the seat to the lowest position on the bike.
- Many testers found the bike arrived scratched.
- The bike is heavy at 49 lbs.