Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Mongoose Grudge. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
13 reasons to buy
- This oversized BMX was great fun, for big kids and adults.
- With coordinated blue accessories and gumwall tires, the Grudge looked good.
- Bikelifers found the Grudge easy to wheelie.
- Owners said the Grudge was a comfortable and smooth ride.
- With plump 2.35” tires, the Grudge rode plush.
- BMX enthusiasts loved the 1” thick aluminum, double-wall rims.
- Adults up to and over 6ft loved riding the Grudge.
- At it’s initial asking price, Grudge owners felt they got their money’s worth.
- Simple assembly took from ½ to 1 hour.
- The frame and build felt durable and solid.
- Welds and gussetry were of a surprisingly high quality.
- An old-school quill stem gave taller riders a range in height adjustment.
- For a solid steel frame, some owners saw the 33lb heft as lightweight.
9 reasons not to buy
- General consensus was that the stock saddle was hard and uncomfortable.
- Several riders found the front caliper brake to be weak.
- Plastic brake levers didn’t impress many riders.
- Stock pedals weren’t loved. They were often swapped out.
- From some outlets, the Grudge was considered to be overpriced.
- Some owners noted the need to grease bearings on new Grudges.
- The generic BMX manual wasn’t helpful to beginner home mechanics.
- Grips could be hard on the palms.
- One buyer received a bent fork.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
Mongoose Grudge, 26″ BMX on a Budget
Less than half the price of it’s closest competitors… it handled everything a beginner would throw at it, easily… I recommend this bike for kids getting into BMX, as a first cruiser or for Moms and Dads under 6 foot that want a bike that has the look and feel of a BMX… Perfect for mild tricks and pounding neighborhoods…