BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Marin Hawk Hill. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- The Marin Hawk Hill is one of the most affordable, high-quality, full suspension mountain bikes available.
- The bike has a short 35mm stem, making it reactive, as riders maneuver it through tight and technical terrain.
- Wide handlebars give mountain bikers stability, descending on the Hawk Hill.
- The 27.5” wheel and tire setup encourages riders to get air and rail through each turn they take on the bike.
- Internally routed cables give the bike a clean appearance.
- The threaded bottom bracket is easy to maintain on the Marin Hawk Hill.
- Experts were pleased to find room for a water bottle on the bike. This makes longer trail rides attainable on it.
- The bike is available in five sizes. This includes an XS size that is small enough for teen riders.
- The MultiTrac suspension layout on the Hawk Hill is comfortable for climbing and provides riders with great traction.
- The geometry of the bike places riders in a position for confident descents.
- Large 203mm and 180mm brake rotors ensure that the bike's Shimano brakes engage on demand.
2 reasons not to buy
- Although the climbing platform is plush on the Hawk Hill, riders found it less efficient compared to others in its category.
- The Vee Flowsnap tires used on many models of the Marin Hawk Hill do not excel in dry conditions.
Expert Reviews78/100 based on 2 expert reviews
SB Show! Are You ProAgressive? Marin Hawk Hill Destroying The Singletracks!
If you really get into trail riding, if you’re not as extreme as enduro and not as performance orientated as XC…I’m a XC rider mostly…that for trail riding on a budget the Marin Hawk Hill 1 is a great choice.