BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Margaritaville Coast is Clear. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- Extras were the cherry-on-top of the ‘Coast is Clear’. The Parrot squeaky-toy ‘horn’, bottle-opener and cup-holder were all appreciated by Margaritaville fans.
- The handlebar-mounted basket was useful for toting essentials.
- Some consumers assessed the ‘Coast-is-Clear’ as a good quality machine.
- Assembly was not difficult for a portion of owners. One described the bike as ‘70% assembled’.
- Fans of this bike thought the graphics were great, even going so far as to call it ‘rideable art’. It was deemed cute by owners, who admired colorways and floral details.
- The ride offered by this cruiser has been described as smooth and comfortable.
- A few riders found the aluminum frame to be lightweight.
- Beach-goers and ‘parrot-heads’ love this bike for its fun approach.
- Cyclists praised the soft, pliable leather found on this bicycle’s handlebar grips.
11 reasons not to buy
- A fair number of buyers rated the bike’s quality as generally poor.
- The side-pull caliper brakes were deemed ‘OK’ at best. Pads squealed and owners often chose to replace them.
- The bike sometimes arrived with untrue or warped rims.
- The ‘Coast is Clear’ sometimes sported damage, fresh out of the box. This included a hole in the fork, a bent frame and scratches.
- Assembly was said to take a decent amount of time and patience. The headset, bottom-bracket and hub bearings needed adjustment or greasing. The provided instructions were not for this model.
- Some commuters were disappointed with the small size of the basket.
- For more than one owner, the bottle-opener was installed upside-down on the seat-tube.
- The parrot-bell was reported to be a squeaky-toy and broke after 3 weeks for one owner.
- The ‘Coast is Clear’ was accused of being overpriced by some consumers.
- Upset buyers received their bike with stickers already peeling off.
- Rusting and discolored chrome was an unwanted surprise on new bikes.