Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the GT Pro Performer 29. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- Several owners described the Pro Performer’s ride quality as ‘effortless’, even over long-distances.
- Old-school superlaced hubs increased wheel strength.
- Throwback graphics and design (from GT’s 1986 line) appealed to riders.
- Tall riders, up to 6”6’, found that this giant BMX fit them well.
- ‘Beautiful’ colors and themes were an attractive drawcard of the Pro Performer.
- This 29er’s geometry impressed, especially with a 23.5” top-tube in Chro-Moly steel.
- Chromoly tubing offered a superior alternative to other 29” competitors.
- Ride quality was frequently described as both smooth and fast.
- Stock components were more than sufficient.
- The Pro Performer was described as being ‘built to wheelie’.
- Reviewers were impressed by this bike’s low weight.
- Some owners felt that the provided saddle was comfortable.
- Gearing was well suited to city riding.
- The upgraded cranks were lauded for their high quality.
- Consumers saw the Pro Performer as good value for the price paid.
1 reasons not to buy
- A couple of critics suggested that, while featuring beautiful design notes, the Pro Performer was equipped with components of a merely average quality.