GT Pro Performer 29
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at email@example.com with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on GT Pro Performer 29. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- Several owners described the Pro Performer’s ride quality as ‘effortless’, even over long-distances.
- Old-school superlaced hubs increased wheel strength.
- Throwback graphics and design (from GT’s 1986 line) appealed to riders.
- Tall riders, up to 6”6’, found that this giant BMX fit them well.
- ‘Beautiful’ colors and themes were an attractive drawcard of the Pro Performer.
- This 29er’s geometry impressed, especially with a 23.5” top-tube in Chro-Moly steel.
- Chromoly tubing offered a superior alternative to other 29” competitors.
- Ride quality was frequently described as both smooth and fast.
- Stock components were more than sufficient.
- The Pro Performer was described as being ‘built to wheelie’.
- Reviewers were impressed by this bike’s low weight.
- Some owners felt that the provided saddle was comfortable.
- Gearing was well suited to city riding.
- The upgraded cranks were lauded for their high quality.
- Consumers saw the Pro Performer as good value for the price paid.
1 reasons not to buy
- A couple of critics suggested that, while featuring beautiful design notes, the Pro Performer was equipped with components of a merely average quality.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
2019 GT Pro Performer 29″ BMX “The Big Kid’s BMX Bike”
Man, this bike flat-out boogies. It’s so impressive.
2019 GT Pro Performer 29” BMX Cruiser
She’s a beaut – and it rides amazing. I put twenty miles on this on the first ride and it was practically effortless.