Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- FSX riders said the bike felt fast.
- Handling was described as great, off-road.
- Double-wall rims are provided at a low price-point, keeping things beefy.
- Owners found the FSX good looking.
- For the low price, the moderate weight of this bike was considered respectable.
- One of the FSX’s biggest drawcards is the low price and great value.
- The build of the frame was assessed as strong and high quality.
- Dual disc brakes are stock.
- At this price, entry-level dual suspension impressed.
- Packaging was said to be very good.
- A large number of reviewers recommended the FSX as a beginner’s mountain bike.
- For mechanically-minded customers, assembly was easy and quick.
- Customer service was lauded, for prompt responses and swiftly dispatched replacement parts.
- Cyclists reported that both gears and shifting worked well.
9 reasons not to buy
- The suspension fork is entry-level and doesn’t feature a lockout. Reportedly, ride-quality is spongy and the pre-load adjustment makes little difference.
- The FSX is not equipped or intended for serious trails abuse.
- Supplied tires have moderate tread and aren’t aggressive enough for trails.
- It’s apparently difficult to fit a bottle-holder in the frame triangle. When the bottle is placed underneath the downtube, it attracts filth.
- Some saw the instructions as inadequate.
- Grips were uncomfortable for numerous riders.
- The rear shock offered limited adjustment. It was labeled ‘cheap’ and ‘spongy’.
- Some customers felt that pre-assembly and quality-control were neglected.
- Buyers lamented a lack of warranty support.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Gravity FSX 1.0 MTB Part 1
The bike rides well. If you know what you’re doing, the assembly of the bike is very simple.
Gravity FSX – Cheap Dirt Fun.
A lot of you will say, “For that cheap, a full-suspension bike? It’s gotta be garbage!” Not necessarily. If you know what you’re doing with these things and know what parts to swap out, this is actually a very, very nice off-road trail bike.