Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- A wide range of frame sizes (41 to 63cm) fit most rider heights.
- Owners were able to assemble this fixie with minimal bike knowledge.
- Reviews described a simple, clean and good-looking frame.
- Wheel hubs feature sealed bearings.
- Buyers deemed this fixie to be good value for a basic bike.
- A wide range of interesting colors appealed to buyers.
- More than one buyer found this fixie to be lightweight.
- Braking was admired. Some buyers received front and rear brakes.
- Two sets of bosses allow owners to attach two bottle cages.
9 reasons not to buy
- A hard saddle created soreness on long rides.
- Wheels were sometimes untrue.
- Kenda tires were said to be weak against road debris.
- The stock wheelset didn't stand up to rough street use.
- A number of owners felt that this bike was heavy for a single-speed.
- No instructions. Not ideal for mechanically inexperienced buyers.
- Cheap tubes were easily punctured or sometimes arrived that way.
- Manufacturing defects include bent forks and misaligned rear triangles.
- Cranks sometimes loosened and fell off.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Big Man Bike Review of a Golden Fixie
I like it. It’s a cool bike… came together pretty easy… the skinny little seat it comes with? Junk… didn’t have the front brake… It pedals easy… perfect for pavement… It’s a nice bike if you’re a big man. I’m 6’5”