BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Golden Cycles Single-Speed. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- A wide range of frame sizes (41 to 63cm) fit most rider heights.
- Owners were able to assemble this fixie with minimal bike knowledge.
- Reviews described a simple, clean and good-looking frame.
- Wheel hubs feature sealed bearings.
- Buyers deemed this fixie to be good value for a basic bike.
- A wide range of interesting colors appealed to buyers.
- More than one buyer found this fixie to be lightweight.
- Braking was admired. Some buyers received front and rear brakes.
- Two sets of bosses allow owners to attach two bottle cages.
9 reasons not to buy
- A hard saddle created soreness on long rides.
- Wheels were sometimes untrue.
- Kenda tires were said to be weak against road debris.
- The stock wheelset didn't stand up to rough street use.
- A number of owners felt that this bike was heavy for a single-speed.
- No instructions. Not ideal for mechanically inexperienced buyers.
- Cheap tubes were easily punctured or sometimes arrived that way.
- Manufacturing defects include bent forks and misaligned rear triangles.
- Cranks sometimes loosened and fell off.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Big Man Bike Review of a Golden Fixie
I like it. It’s a cool bike… came together pretty easy… the skinny little seat it comes with? Junk… didn’t have the front brake… It pedals easy… perfect for pavement… It’s a nice bike if you’re a big man. I’m 6’5”