BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Giant Propel Advanced. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The Giant Propel Advanced is a quality carbon aero road bike.
- The bike’s price is lower than most others in its category.
- The Giant Propel Advanced has builds available with disc and rim brakes.
- Experts were impressed with the internal cable routing on the bike. This gave it a clean appearance.
- The integrated cockpit is sleek and includes a mount for a cycling computer.
- The Propel Advanced Pro Disc 0 model includes a power meter. Testers found it to be reliable.
- On the Propel Advanced, a firm bottom bracket and stiff carbon frame promote efficient power transfer.
- The bike excels on flats and roads with rolling hills.
- Giant offers builds with both Shimano and SRAM components, allowing users to find a bike that meets their personal componentry preferences.
- The Propel Advanced comes tubeless-ready. Running tubeless tires helps prevent frequent flats.
- UCI approval allows riders to utilize this bike in all levels of racing.
- On the Giant Propel Advanced, a stealthy wedge clamp secures the bike's seat post.
3 reasons not to buy
- One tester reported that the 970mm wheelbase (on the size small of the bike) allows toe overlap with the wheel when maneuvering slowly.
- Although the bike is capable of climbing, it is not the most efficient option for tackling mountains, according to numerous testers.
- One expert found the saddle was not the most comfortable on the Giant Propel Advanced. They suggested swapping it.
Expert Reviews82/100 based on 3 expert reviews
Giant Propel Advanced Pro Disc 0 Review
To me, the Giant Propel is similar to a classic American muscle car like a Corvette. It’s not going to beat the quick European coupe out of a corner, or over a mountain pass, but when you get to the straighter sections of road and you can slam the pedal to the floor there isn’t much that’s going to keep pace.
Giant Propel Advanced 2 Disc 2020 Road Bike Review
Given that a ride on the Giant Propel Advanced 2 Disc brings joy in abundance, the question is: ‘Does it offer value for money?’. If your riding is likely to be flat-out more often than not, the performance, frame tech and clever integration across the build make it an easy decision.