Detroit Bikes Sparrow
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Detroit Bikes Sparrow. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
17 reasons to buy
- At 22 pounds for a low-cost singlespeed, the Sparrow is very lightweight bike,
- The Sparrow is designed and assembled in Detroit, USA.
- Assembly of the Sparrow was easier and quicker than for many delivered bikes. Setup was 90% complete, with owners only needing to adjust saddle height and attach the front wheels and pedals.
- Sparrows come packaged with a floor-pump, bell and required tools.
- Owners appreciated the simple, straight-forward approach of this no-frills bike.
- Buyers saw the componentry as quality, with mention given to the solid FSA headset.
- The 44 / 17 gear ratio was well-suited to city riding, hills and attaining decent speed.
- Owners praised the simple, clean design of the Sparrow. It was described as beautiful.
- The Sparrow’s caliper side-pull brakes worked well.
- Customer service from the manufacturer was said to be outstanding.
- Tires were not skimped on. The WTB Thickslicks at 28mm wide, were perfect for city streets.
- In a rare situation for a new bike, the SDG Duster was rated highly for comfort.
- The ample packaging only received compliments from buyers, who received bikes scratch-free. This is unusual for a bike distributed through a major online retailer.
- Ride quality was deemed to be smooth and fast.
- Handling on the Sparrow felt responsive.
- Owners regarded the construction of this bike’s frame as sturdy.
- Reviews often mentioned the attention to detail given to the Sparrow, describing it as ‘beautifully finished’.
1 reasons not to buy
- The plastic Wellgo pedals gave the impression of being cheap.