Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cervélo R5. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- The Cervelo R5 is sleek and attractive, with all models utilizing wireless shifting.
- The R5’s long wheelbase and low bottom bracket offer riders stability descending at speed.
- A stiff carbon frame and skinny seat stays provide excellent power transfer for accelerating on the bike.
- Riders were pleased to find that the bike has clearance for tires up to 28mm. Wider tires help dampen road vibration on the bike.
- Cervelo uses a D-shaped integrated seat post on the R5. This is aerodynamic and compliant.
- The Cervelo aero bars and carbon stem allow riders to maneuver the bike through corners, with ease.
- The bike is lightweight, making it easy to maintain speed on climbs.
- Test riders appreciated that the bike is available in six sizes, allowing them to find a bike that best fits their height.
- Disc brakes provide consistent stopping power to riders of the R5, even in rainy conditions.
- Cervelo uses a thinner carbon layup on the tubing of the R5's downtube, to reduce its weight. This makes it more aerodynamic.
- Experts found the R5 to be an all-around road bike. It is efficient enough for climbing, racing and keeping up on group rides.
3 reasons not to buy
- Cervelo uses the RAT system to secure the wheels on the R5. Experts found this design feature made swapping wheels a slow process.
- Testers agree that the price of the bike is high.
- The bike's Fizik saddle was not the most comfortable for all test riders. Many suggested swapping it.
Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Expert Reviews88/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
Bike Test: Cervelo R5
With an all-new frame geometry, the R5 is completely redesigned from its previous generation. Whether you’re a die-hard rim-brake rider or someone looking to add disc brakes to their lineup, the Cervelo made sure to make the R5 available in both versions.