Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
18 reasons to buy
- The 27.5” Blue Spark model traveled up to 40mi on a 374Wh battery.
- Owners said that pedal assist kicked in quickly, in a quarter pedal turn.
- A tester was pleasantly surprised by the Blue Spark’s big-wheeled handling.
- A handful of owners were satisfied by these bikes’ off-road performance.
- Blue Spark models offered five varying levels of power assist, from 30% to 100%.
- A reviewer found that the Blue Spark’s LCD readout displayed a lot of information.
- A considerable number of buyers saw these bikes as great value.
- Suspension operated satisfactorily over moderately bumpy city streets.
- Fit and finish of Ancheer 350W Mountain Bikes was admired.
- Operation and placement of the control unit was lauded.
- A removable battery allows charging away from the bike.
- Quite a few owners found that assembly was a doddle.
- Gear shifting came across as smooth and accurate.
- Charging times were said to be brief.
- Customer service received stellar reviews for replacing small parts.
- A small set of tools is provided with the bike, for assembly.
- Throttle-only speeds of 18-20mph were easily attainable.
- Riders found it easy to pedal without power, on flats.
11 reasons not to buy
- Sunshine models feature just one level of throttle-integrated pedal-assist.
- Owners reported malfunctioning control units on new bikes.
- Customers had trouble communicating with overseas-based customer service.
- Some new bikes arrived with non-functioning motors.
- Without modification, this bike was too small for riders over 6’.
- Owners and experts believed this commuter was misdescribed as a ‘mountain-bike’.
- A portion of buyers found the 26” model’s battery life to be underwhelming.
- Mechanical disc brakes had a stopping distance of 22 feet, under testing.
- Returning a faulty bike involved paying for shipping to China.
- Wheels sometimes needed to be trued out of the box.
- The lack of instructions left a reviewer confused when setting up the LCD display.
Expert Reviews88/100 based on 1 expert reviews
Ancheer 27.5-Inch Blue Spark Electric Bike Review
…a 350W hub motor and 374Wh battery combined to give it the longest distance range and make it one of the most powerful models we tested… we wouldn’t recommend doing any hardcore mountain biking on this bike…