Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the All-City Big Block. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The double-butted 612 steel frame flexed for comfort on rough roads.
- The Big Block was lightweight compared to the competition.
- This rig was comfortable on long rides.
- Big Blocks rode well on off-road hardpack and flat gravel.
- Frames are drilled for both rear and front brakes.
- A beautiful paintjob impressed reviewers and owners.
- ED coating rust-proofs the Big Block’s frame.
- Clearance allows for wide 32c tires.
- Climbing abillity was lauded by owners and reviewers.
- An 11” bottom bracket welcomes tight turns without pedal scrape.
- The Big Block has no toe overlap, even on steep or sharp turns.
- The Big Block comes drilled with bosses for a bottle cage.
- Stainless steel dropouts feature integrated chain tensioners.
- Stock 28c Vittoria Zaffiro tires are excellent for skidding.
- Delicate finishing touches include a brazed, embossed seat collar.
2 reasons not to buy
- The top-tube was longer than those on non-American frames.
- Aggressive geometry may intimidate casual riders.
Bottom lineReviewers described the Big Block as ‘aggressive but comfortable’. The steel frame’s track geometry proved nimble, while showing no toe overlap and allowing for 32c tires! Unlike so many other track bikes, it’s drilled for dual brakes and a bottle cage. Owners of earlier models said their bike was bombproof and resilient after seven to ten years use. A number of riders even enjoyed riding theirs off-road or as a tracklocross rig.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
New Kid on the Block | All-City Big Block Fixed Gear Bike Check
…beautifully blends form and function… and for what they are, they come at an affordable price.
The New All-City Big Block Was Customized Immediately (Japanese)
The All-City Big Blocks are really pure fixed gear bikes… if you want to have fun or start riding fixed, I recommend this bike.
A New Single-Speed Option. Introducing the All-City Big Block (Japanese)
…very comfortable to ride… I am often asked what is the difference between All-City and Surly… (bikes of the same purpose). It is basically that All-City has a lighter frame.
All-City Big Block Track Frameset Review
The short story is that the Big Block is a quality steel track frame with clearance for big tires and built with real-deal track geometry.