BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Tern Vektron S10. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
21 reasons to buy
- The Bosch Active Line Plus system offers 4 levels of power assist.
- The Vektron’s 50Nm of torque provided ample grunt under load.
- The S10 was said to fold quickly and easily.
- A range of 50 to 100km makes city use worry-free.
- The S10’s 10-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain gives ample pedal-power range.
- The ability to fold down the Vektron means it’s easy to store in an apartment.
- A diagonally-mounted battery keeps rack-mounted loads low and stable.
- 20 inch wheels kept the Vektron’s center-of-gravity low.
- The Andros adjustable stem allows riders to alter handlebar height and reach.
- Tern’s own lockable OCL hinge is tall and stiff, to reduce excess movement.
- An integrated Valo Direct rear light shines 150 lumens over dark roads.
- With a telescopic seatpost, the Vektron fits riders from 4’10” to 6’5” !
- Magura MT4 Hydraulic disc brakes were strong and safe.
- The Atlas rack was strong, secure and kept the bike upright when folded.
- Riders said that the Vektron was nimble and even that it handled “beautifully”.
- Acceleration was described as being smooth.
- Thule Yepp Maxi and Nexxt Maxi child seats attach directly onto the rear rack.
- Schwalbe Big Apple tires were grippy and acted as suspension at low pressures.
- The gel-padded Porter+ saddle was comfortable but not ‘squooshy’.
- The Bosch Active Line Plus system was smooth and showed negligible resistance.
- A removable headbadge reveals a mounting port for front rack accessories.
7 reasons not to buy
- At 48.6lbs, one tester said it was a “beast” to carry when folded.
- Tern accessories are needed to eke out the maximum versatility of the Vektron.
- In Eco mode, the brunt of the Vektron’s weight is felt when pedaling.
- One reviewer said the Vektron S10 handled a little nervously.
- Testers said the charging socket wasn’t easily accessible.
- Reviewers noted the high price of the Vektron range.
- The rear derailleur sits close to a low-pressure tire and only 4cm above the ground.
Expert Reviews86/100 based on 2 expert reviews
For long, leisurely rides, this is the bike you want to have underneath you. It’s comfortable, fast over any terrain and even has a luggage rack… The Vektron’s big volume tires eat potholes for breakfast… Bosch electric system is smooth and fast with no motor resistance.
Test Report: Tern Vektron S10 (Model Year 2019) [German]
The small, quite heavy bike convinces with a well thought-out folding mechanism and a Bosch motor, which is seldom found on folding bikes… it was a very successful performance, with which the Vektron S10 clearly rolled to a test victory.
Tern Vektron Video Review – Quality Folding Ebike with Bosch Centerdrive
It’s pretty great …A premium folding electric bike with Bosch drive system and leading warranty, sturdy and quiet with plenty of adjustability (seat post height and stem angle), smart accessories help you carry gear and stay dry without noise.
Foldable E-bike (Tern Vektron S10) – 7500 km Review – Modifications / Wearing Parts / Defects [German]
…after 808 miles, the chain was worn out… I’ve changed the brake pads… It’s annoying that after 3107 miles the Schwalbe Big Apple tire has a torn sidewall, while the tread is still good…