Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Surly Midnight Special. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
10 reasons to buy
- The Surly Midnight Special has a durable steel frame.
- Testers found that the wide 650b tires cushioned the bike on paved roads, gravel routes and mild singletrack trails.
- Surly specs the bike with Salsa Cowchipper handlebars that are comfortable for long days in the saddle.
- The bike has attachment points that allow riders to secure a water bottle cage or frame bag.
- Rack and fender mounts on the bike are appreciated by testers. They allow riders to carry panniers and stay dry commuting or touring.
- Testers describe the bike as stable and planted, even when it's loaded with gear.
- TRP Spyre dual-piston brakes are powerful for mechanical disc brakes and are easy to maintain, even in remote areas.
- A 44mm tapered headtube allows riders to utilize a carbon fork on the Midnight Special.
- Swapping the 650b wheels for 700c options, can transform the Midnight Special into a capable road bike.
- The geometry of the Midnight Special places users in a nimble riding position. Experts felt in control and able to guide the bike through turns with ease.
4 reasons not to buy
- Surly’s Midnight Special is expensive, according to experts.
- The bike weighs in at a hefty 26 lbs, depending on the size.
- Test riders suggest swapping the front chainring to improve the climbing ability of the Midnight Special.
- Riders with hand issues may consider using an alternative handlebar option. The drop bars led one expert's hands to go numb.
Expert Reviews75/100 based on 1 rated expert review
Best Road Bikes
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October