Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the State Bicycle Co. 6061 Black Label v2. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Black Label’s geometry made for a fun, fast, nimble and responsive ride.
- A 6061 aluminum frame and full carbon fork were lightweight.
- Sharp angles plus aggro geometry and oversized tubing equalled high style.
- Colors were loved, including a demure Army Green and a ‘ridiculous’ Hot Pink.
- Experts said the price of the Black Label was spot-on.
- The full-carbon fork offered a ride-quality that impressed owners.
- For this lower-cost set of wheels, bearings rolled smoothly.
- Brandless brakes did their job well.
- A reviewer admired the staunch SRAM S100 crankset.
- After 2 months of urban abuse by a working messenger, the carbon fork held up.
- Although weighty, the 43mm deep rims were sturdy.
- All-round, components struck an expert as durable.
- With basic tools and bike experience, the Black Label came together nicely.
- Customer service was lauded by riders and reviewers.
12 reasons not to buy
- With 43mm deep rims, these wheels were heavy.
- Stock tires were narrow at 23c. Owners often replaced them.
- Gaps in wheel rim-seams did not inspire confidence.
- Some saw this rig as overpriced; considering wheel rims, headset and tire quality.
- An urban-track enthusiast found the Pista Velo drop bars too narrow.
- The stock saddle butt-hurt some reviewers on longer rides.
- For an expert, the carbon fork’s compression plug was dangerously overtightened.
- Reach on the O.E.M. handlebar was too deep for one reviewer.
- A taller, experienced, urban-track rider sought longer 170mm cranks.
- Matt-finish paint jobs scratched easily.
- An expert pointed out that bar-spins weren’t possible on the Black Label.
- As a pure track frame, the Black Label has no water bottle braze-ons.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
My Favorite Aluminum Bike? | State Bike Co. 6061 Black Label v2 Review
The stiff aluminum bottom bracket and that beefy downtube make for zippy sprinting… The trackish geometry gives the bike nimble handling… With the Black Label, you get what you pay for – and that amounts to a reliable, fun, fast bike that, so far has been my favorite aluminum fixed-gear.
State Bicycle Co Black Label V2 – Full Review
I really enjoyed riding this bike… Normally with an aluminum frame, you feel everything but with this it’s a smooth ride… When it comes to maneuvering or steering, it does feel like you’ve got a lot of control… get your own pedals …
State Bicycle Co : Black Label Series. A T.O.D Review
For a complete 6061 Aluminum track bike, I don’t think the price tag will break the bank… in my opinion the Black Label series is a solid build. I think a stock build will be great for a novice to intermediate rider and with some upgrades, the Black Label can be a problem in the streets.
State Bicycle Co Black Label Review
The Black Label is a quality ride at an entry level price… after heavy shredding, its really hard to see why other aluminum bikes go for so much more… GREAT geometry for fast corners, handling traffic or racing… Since the back wheel is more under your butt, whip skidding and wheelies are easier… the head tube is steeper, the steering is more responsive…