Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
17 reasons to buy
- The Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29 has 140mm of travel in the rear and 150mm of travel upfront. This minimizes the impact felt over trail obstacles.
- The Horst Link suspension on the bike offers excellent small bump compliance, according to testers.
- The bike is low and long. Test riders found it confident on descents with this geometry.
- The bike has a SWAT compartment in the downtube for storing tools, a tube or snacks.
- The headset has a hidden compartment that contains a multi-tool, chain tool and spare link, on the Stumpjumper EVO 29.
- Specialized use their own Butcher tires on the bike. They provide fantastic grip over a variety of trail conditions.
- The bike is a capable climber. Users found that locking out the shock gave the ability to climb steep grades, with minimal pedal bob.
- The Stumpjumper EVO 29's low bottom bracket places riders in a stable riding position.
- An optional coil shock gives riders a more planted feel on the trail.
- Running an air shock on the Stumpjumper EVO 29 gives riders a more progressive ride.
- The SRAM Code RSC brakes stop on a dime, paired with massive 210mm brake rotors.
- The 12-speed SRAM drivetrain shifts effortlessly on the Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29.
- Testers were pleased with the flip-chip adjustment on the shock. The Stumpjumper EVO 29 has a high and low setting.
- The bike's 29” wheels are fast-rolling and allow riders to accelerate quickly.
- The seat stays and chainstays have molded protection that prevents the EVO 29's frame from being damaged.
- The bike has a protective finish that prevents the frame from becoming scratched easily.
- The long and low geometry of the bike allows riders to corner at speed and rail through berms.
5 reasons not to buy
- The bike is only available in two sizes. 'S2' fits most users that would usually ride size medium to large. 'S3' fits taller riders.
- Experts found the low bottom bracket can lead to frequent pedal strikes on the Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29.
- One tester noted that the bike’s long, slack front end was lazy through technical terrain.
- The Stumpjumper EVO 29 is heavier than other bikes in its category.
- Test riders found an active and aggressive riding style is needed to make the bike perform best.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 2 rated expert reviews
2020 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO Comp Carbon 29 Review
Picking lines carefully becomes an art and sometimes it’s just best to take a hard pass. But, if you roll up to that rock garden aboard the 2020 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO, you’ll have to be less picky about your lines and focus instead on how much fun you’re having.