Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
22 reasons to buy
- The Juliana Joplin has a women’s specific saddle and grips.
- The bike is available in five build options and three sizes.
- The Juliana Joplin has room for a water bottle.
- The steep head tube angle on the bike provides riders with a centered riding position. This promotes efficient power transfer when pedaling seated or standing.
- The bike has adjustable geometry. The flip chip on the bottom bracket allows riders to adjust the headtube angle, while the second flip chip allows for 10mm of adjustment in the chainstay.
- When the flip chips are in the longest and lowest position, the bike can take up to 2.6” tires.
- Experts agreed the Joplin is a competent climber. The front wheel does not easily wander when climbing.
- The bike is excellent at descending. The bike’s 400mm to 450mm reach and slack 65.5 degrees head tube angle gives riders the confidence to push hard on descents.
- The bike is fast to descend. Many experts found it was the fastest bike in its category.
- The bike comes with a SDG Trellis or RockShox Reverb dropper post allowing riders to get low on descents.
- The Virtual Pivot Point suspension design has excellent small bump compliance, mid-stroke support and bottom-out resistance.
- The low position of the suspension creates a lower center of gravity, providing riders with greater stability.
- The Maxxis Minion DHF and DHR tires provide riders with excellent traction on trails.
- The pedaling platform is firm and mellow, making it easy to tackle longer distances on the Joplin
- Riders feel in control with the responsive SRAM brakes on the Juliana Joplin.
- The brake levers are easy to adjust to fit the hand of the rider.
- The short rear end makes the bike easy to manual on.
- The bottom-out is not harsh on the Joplin, according to experts.
- The cables are routed internally through molded tubes keeping them quiet. This also gives the bike a clean appearance.
- The bike has a mudflap that helps protect the rear shock from mud while riding.
- The bike is very versatile for a great variety of trail conditions and obstacles.
- The frame comes with a lifetime warranty.
3 reasons not to buy
- Experts agree the bike is not the best option for those looking for a race bike. They state the bike is fast on descents, but one looking to race should consider a bike that is a more efficient climber.
- One expert found that the suspension was not the most comfortable on sections with repetitive hits.
- One expert found the Maxxis Minion tires struggled to maintain traction on extremely technical terrain paired with loose gravel.