Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Specialized Sirrus X. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
16 reasons to buy
- Owners and reviewers appreciate the versatility of the Sirrus X, as a bike suited to commuting, light gravel, hardpack dirt and recreational riding.
The Sirrus’ tall and upright ride position provides good visibility in traffic.
It’s praised by reviewers.
- On the X 4.0 and X 5.0, Specialized’s Future Shock 1.5 headset suspension provides 20 mm of front-end travel, smoothing out rides over rough surfaces.
- The Sirrus X 2.0 Step-Through makes mounts and dismounts easier for riders who are shorter, less-flexible, or who ride in a skirt, kilt or dress.
- The Sirrus X range is affordable for beginners.
- Judder is tamed by the X 4.0’s carbon fork, as per reviewer reports.
- Testers say the X 2.0’s 42 mm Pathfinder Sport tires ride well over paved roads, packed dirt & light gravel.
- Reviewers are somewhat amazed to see hydraulic disc brakes at this price.
- Experts say the Sirrus X’s slack head-angle and long wheelbase combine to create a stable ride.
- A reviewer says the X 2.0’s 11-42 t cassette provides a “decent spread” of gears.
- Sirrus X 5.0 owners are happy to use this full-carbon bike for serious gravel duties.
- Reviewers say a wide, 680 mm riser handlebar offers good handling off-road.
- A tester finds the Bridge Sport saddle balances comfort with cushioning.
- Owners found their Sirrus X 4.0 is light enough to easily carry up and down stairs.
- Sirrus X owners described the bike as “elegant” and “chic”.
- The Sirrus X's logos feature reflective trim, enhancing riders’ nighttime visibility.
4 reasons not to buy
- A reviewer bewails the lack of hand positions available on the X’s flat handlebar.
- One test rider felt limited by the bike’s wide handlebars, whilst splitting lanes.
- Gear ranges sometimes left test riders spinning on descents.
- Experts say there are comparable alternatives available at lower prices.
Expert Reviews85/100 based on 3 rated expert reviews
The Specialized Sirrus X 4.0 Is One Heck of a Hybrid
As fun to ride as it is utilitarian. It’s fast and maneuverable, making it ideal for quick city commutes and efficient errand running. To expand its capabilities, Specialized added 38 mm gravel tires and its Future Shock.
Is The Specialized Sirrus X 2.0 for You?
The bike has a 1×8 drivetrain. I kind of wish that it was either 1×9 or 1×10, just looking at the extra push to go a little further or faster. But overall, if you’re using this as an everyday commuter… 1×8 gears is perfectly enough.
Specialized Sirrus X 4.0 [Polish – English Subtitles]
The Sirrus X 4.0 is very solidly built. Its characteristic and most important features are; the Future Shock, 1x drivetrain, aluminum frame, and carbon fork. This configuration provides it with greater versatility than we initially assumed…
Best Hybrid Bikes
29" Giordano® Intrepid Mountain Bike14 September – 1 October