Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
14 reasons to buy
- The Fat Ripper shows-off plush handling and executes wheelies with ease.
- The Fat Ripper turns heads. Owners described its look as dope and said it exuded more sex-appeal than a 2019 Maybach luxury car.
- Detailing is praised by reviewers. This includes matching saddle and tire colorways. The top-cap reads “Fat Rippin” and rims sport cutouts in the shape of the SE logo. The color-coded stem-protector was appreciated for its old-school appeal.
- The ride is reported to be smooth and plush, with one expert saying that it’s more comfortable than most fatbikes.
- More than one owner said that, price-wise, the Fat Ripper is worth every penny.
- Componentry was seen as high quality. The cranks and bottom-bracket are improved over previous years’ models, proving to be quieter and more durable.
- Owners said the saddle was comfortable when doing tricks.
- Avid BB5 brakes were tight, with a front-brake that wasn’t present on 2018 models.
- The chubby rims are strong and light, with SE-logo cutouts to shed weight.
- ODI Mushroom Grips were regarded as comfortable.
- Versatility is a feature of the Fat Ripper. It’s a trick bike that can be easy-going on beach, bar and shop runs.
- It isn’t a novelty bike. The Fat Ripper handles real BMX abuse; staircases, curbs, wheelies, dirt-jumps, skate-parks and drops.
- Clearly this is a beefy rig, but one expert pointed out that it is lighter than most cruisers.
- Owners who recommended the Fat Ripper called it ‘big, dumb fun’.
3 reasons not to buy
- One expert rider said his left heel contacted the rear brake caliper when using pegs for tricks.
- The saddle was described as slippery, which isn’t ideal for a bike used for wheelies.
- At least on the yellow model, paint rubbed off the frame easily.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Behold! The Fat Ripper BMX
The fat tires turn bumps into pavement into straight-up ramps… The Fat Ripper is unapologetically flamboyant… It weighs less than most cruisers and is more comfortable than most fatbikes… it is the ultimate smile delivery device.