BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Schwinn Stites. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- This bike was seen as a good value, low cost commuter.
- The 46 x 18 tooth gear ratio is geared well for urban cycling.
- The Stites impressed with a silver frame and blue accents.
- A number of buyers found this bike simple to assemble.
- A low price made security a lower priority.
- The sturdy frame was said to be ‘soundly constructed’.
- Owners enjoyed this bike’s low-maintenance needs.
- A comfortable saddle was reported.
- Riding position was comfortable for taller riders.
- Some riders said the Stites was solid enough to take city abuse.
- Some riders felt that the Stites was light for it’s class.
9 reasons not to buy
- More than one owner felt that it was heavy for a single-speed.
- Instructions were generic and difficult to read.
- Brake pads had poor stopping power and were noisy.
- A poor quality chain soon broke on some owners.
- Wheels could be poorly tensioned.
- A poorly machined headset prevented tightening of handlebars.
- More than one bike arrived missing a seat bolt.
- A couple of buyers received new bikes with punctured tubes.
- The Stites is advertised as a ‘fixie’ but isn’t fit with a fixed cog.